Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Arch pain

Posted by Sandra G on 7/26/02 at 22:10 (090718)

I just had ESWT for heel pain in one foot. My other foot has arch pain. Is ESWT useful for arch pain?

Re: Arch pain

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/27/02 at 04:46 (090725)

HI Sandra:

Yes ESWT is good for arch pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Beverly . on 7/27/02 at 17:00 (090758)

I have an area in the middle of my arch, it feels like a lump. If I press it, it's causes pain and heat. I also have what feels like a pull in my heel when I first get up in the morning, the third toe on the same foot is swollen, do you think this is caused by a spur? I hate having to go to a doctor. I have no insurance. The cost will hurt more then the foot, thanks.

Mar on 7/27/02 at 19:57 (090768)

Hmmm -- I have a lump in the middle of my left arch also and often it causes a lot of pain -- right now it is calm -- no doctor knows what it is yet. Maybe the CT I just had will tell. The pull sounds like PF. I would read the Heel Pain Book and go to a doctor and try to heal it before it gets worse. Once it gets worse, it takes forever to heal. I have had it in both feet for 9 months and I can hardly walk. Take care of it, insurance or not. Just my opinion -- I'd hate for anyone to have to go through the pain I am going through. Mar

Carole C in NOLA on 7/29/02 at 17:28 (090924)

Beverly, I agree that the pulling in your heel does sound like PF. I am not sure about the lump in your arch, and the swollen third toe, though. I never had a swollen toe from PF.

Maybe you can see a doctor to get diagnosed. If it's PF, you may be able to treat it yourself by reading the heel pain book and participating on this message board. That could save you some money. But first I think you need to make sure of what it is.

Carole C

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/27/02 at 04:46 (090725)

HI Sandra:

Yes ESWT is good for arch pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Beverly . on 7/27/02 at 17:00 (090758)

I have an area in the middle of my arch, it feels like a lump. If I press it, it's causes pain and heat. I also have what feels like a pull in my heel when I first get up in the morning, the third toe on the same foot is swollen, do you think this is caused by a spur? I hate having to go to a doctor. I have no insurance. The cost will hurt more then the foot, thanks.

Mar on 7/27/02 at 19:57 (090768)

Hmmm -- I have a lump in the middle of my left arch also and often it causes a lot of pain -- right now it is calm -- no doctor knows what it is yet. Maybe the CT I just had will tell. The pull sounds like PF. I would read the Heel Pain Book and go to a doctor and try to heal it before it gets worse. Once it gets worse, it takes forever to heal. I have had it in both feet for 9 months and I can hardly walk. Take care of it, insurance or not. Just my opinion -- I'd hate for anyone to have to go through the pain I am going through. Mar

Carole C in NOLA on 7/29/02 at 17:28 (090924)

Beverly, I agree that the pulling in your heel does sound like PF. I am not sure about the lump in your arch, and the swollen third toe, though. I never had a swollen toe from PF.

Maybe you can see a doctor to get diagnosed. If it's PF, you may be able to treat it yourself by reading the heel pain book and participating on this message board. That could save you some money. But first I think you need to make sure of what it is.

Carole C