Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF Release & Heel Spur removal on Right Foot

Posted by Barbara G. on 7/28/02 at 13:52 (090809)

So far so good for me. It's only been alittle over 2 weeks & I'm hardly in any pain. I still have my stitches in, they're to be removed next Thursday, 3 weeks after operation. I was not put in a cast but for two weeks I had a splint & an ace bandage wrapped around my foot. The past Thursday (2 weeks after the operation), the doctore removed that & just put a band-aid over the incision. I've been on crutches since the operation with no pressure on the foot & keeping in elevated. After my last dr's apt I was told I could start 'testing the waters' by putting pressure on the front of my foot. I actually took a shower & did put pressure on the front of my foot & so far so good. I still have swelling on my heel & again, I have not put any pressure on it as of yet. I'll keep you informed after my next apt on Thursday. Good luck everyone.

Re: PF Release & Heel Spur removal on Right Foot

Maggie L. on 7/29/02 at 12:16 (090902)

Excellent! Good for you. Keep us posted on what you're feeling. It's good to hear from others going through this! I'm at almost 2 months since surgery now. Still reading to see if the things I feel are within the realm of normal for a successful outcome.

CINDY on 8/06/02 at 09:06 (091728)

HI I HAD PLANTAR FASCIA AND HEEL SPUR URGERY ON MY LEFT FOOT 6 WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS DOING WELL NOW I CAN BARELY STAND ON IT THE DOCTOR SAID THERE IS A FLUID POCKET IN THE HEEL AGAIN CAN BARELY.I AM REALLY DISCUSSED.I ALSO HAD THE RIGHT FOOT DONE 2 WEEKS AGO WHAT SHOULD I DO.I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE THE DOCTOR KEEPS SAYING KEEP IT ELEVATEDA AND ICE IT.I HAVE BEEN FOR 6 WEEKS I CANT DO THI=S THE RESDT OF MY LIFE.THANKS CINDY

Maggie L. on 7/29/02 at 12:16 (090902)

Excellent! Good for you. Keep us posted on what you're feeling. It's good to hear from others going through this! I'm at almost 2 months since surgery now. Still reading to see if the things I feel are within the realm of normal for a successful outcome.

CINDY on 8/06/02 at 09:06 (091728)

HI I HAD PLANTAR FASCIA AND HEEL SPUR URGERY ON MY LEFT FOOT 6 WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS DOING WELL NOW I CAN BARELY STAND ON IT THE DOCTOR SAID THERE IS A FLUID POCKET IN THE HEEL AGAIN CAN BARELY.I AM REALLY DISCUSSED.I ALSO HAD THE RIGHT FOOT DONE 2 WEEKS AGO WHAT SHOULD I DO.I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE THE DOCTOR KEEPS SAYING KEEP IT ELEVATEDA AND ICE IT.I HAVE BEEN FOR 6 WEEKS I CANT DO THI=S THE RESDT OF MY LIFE.THANKS CINDY

Re: Heel Spur removal on right back ankle

Sandra K on 9/04/03 at 16:24 (128774)

I have this performed in 3-03. I was in surgery for 30 minutes, fitted with a 'boot' on crutches for 2 days and on the 3rd day was walking. Stitches were removed on the 6th day and I went back to work on the 7th day after removal. I have not had any problems since.