Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

UPDATE ON MY PF - TREATMENTS - & TAPING!

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 7/28/02 at 18:36 (090835)

Hello Suzanne & Carole - & others - & esp. Marge! I headline your names (Suzanne & Carole) as it seems like we 'started' here together last year - my pf onset in 4/2001! And, Yes, Marge, it does get better - but at times, I like you & others here,wonder if it ever will. I did all the conserv. methods of treatment, cort. shots, bought tons of shoes (especially like Birks & Mephistos w/ my custom orthotics), & I also did ESWT in 11/2001. I am on my feet alot being a professional horsetrainer & stepping on the irons does aggravate it when I ride....but with limited riding & taping when I was really sore it steadily improved - but at a snail's pace!! - I have been seeing more light at the end of the tunnel which in the past was quite dark at times! I am riding every day again & more horses daily than last year this time! Anyway, I have improved immensely over the last 2 months & even moreso over the last 2 weeks. Just last week, (after a bout of pain - maybe after too rough of a day prepping for this 6 day show we were attending) I added a new tape method - which I wrote about on the first message board here - & it helped me at my last 6 day horseshow which was pretty grueling. I shared the tape method on the mentioned board - try it & it may also help you in addition to all the other treatments you are using. I 'hurt' for you Marge when I read your post - & I can only agree with Suzanne's words - that time is the best healer in this journey with PF! I wish you better days.

Re: UPDATE ON MY PF - TREATMENTS - & TAPING!

margie p on 7/28/02 at 19:27 (090844)

Thanks
Will try the taping. Good to hear from every one of you with encouraging words. This site has been good as I am trying to stay off my feet as much as posible and therefore not doing the myriad of things I usually get done over the summer
margie

Re: UPDATE ON MY PF - TREATMENTS - & TAPING!

margie p on 7/28/02 at 19:27 (090844)

Thanks
Will try the taping. Good to hear from every one of you with encouraging words. This site has been good as I am trying to stay off my feet as much as posible and therefore not doing the myriad of things I usually get done over the summer
margie