Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Morning

Posted by Tammie on 7/29/02 at 05:59 (090878)

Thank you all for the prayers. This foot stuff surly has been a long road with many weaves or pot holes on my way. Not in a million years wouldI have thought it would be like this for a simple foot pain! Ha! Well To all I do hope today is my starting day on a bit different path then I had anticipated but then this is another step for me!

Heh all of you that are sleeping when you wake up today let the sun shine in your eyes as it is another day to concur with PF or TTS or any thing for that matter, One more step in all of our lives, may the day bring coffee and a good feeling that we are safe and at home with our families! Have a geat day!

Re: Now, that wasn't so bad, was it! :*)

BrianG on 7/29/02 at 22:50 (090958)

Hi Tammie,

How was the nerve block? Are you feeling better now? Hope so.

BrianG

Re: Sure ok no it was not , but thx to u and Laurioe

Tammie on 7/30/02 at 11:23 (090991)

Well If I must tell the truth then I shall lol. Yes there were some pain ful moments but then I found that my foot got nice and warm and it was more of a normal color! YES I was happy.My hubby got to touch my left foot not rough but still touch it and it did not send storm electric pulses .

The bad part is that it is all gone and back to the normal.It was very short lived almost like a tease.Today I know it happened for a short while but if I read Laurie right this is to sort of be normal as then the next may be longer and then the next should be even longer yet. So I have not given up as I have a great bunch of friends here that know alot about this RSD and pain Janet and Laurie are the most helpful as they are the longest in this I believe! Susie is the next I believe .

Now question is to anyone who knows about this is when does this back tingling stop? I feel a bit sore and alot of tingling in my back. Hope this to is normal as you see i did not really get going home directions. It more was a paper telling me that this has been done and emergency number to call if certain things happen. Thankfully none has happened like that! Thanks for caring.Also to any thinking of pain mangement for pain , GO FOR IT they are much more in tuned to pain and you are not treated like a junkie!

Re: Some relief is better than no relief !

BrianG on 7/30/02 at 21:26 (091057)

Hi Tammie,

At least you had some relief from the pain, even though it was short lived. I don't know what they injected you with, but it may have been part Lidocain, which would numb your foot right up. At least you know the pain isn't all in your head :*) Hopefully the next injection will last for weeks, if not months!! When do you go again?

Good luck
BrianG

Re: tammie

Susie on 8/01/02 at 18:42 (091330)

Tammie, Glad to hear that your proceedure went well, as for the back tingling I did not have tingling just very sore for 2 days then better every day from that point. My first block lasted 2 days and now # 6 last week is still working so each time as been longer. I am not sure how many you can have but I know some people have had many more than myself. My PM Dr told me that he wanted to wait awhile before I have another because he says to many is not good.. I am going next week for another evaluation to a Dr that specializes in foot trauma so that will be interesting to se his opinion. Best wishes, Susie

Tammie on 8/02/02 at 12:16 (091418)

Susie, Thansk so much for the help here! It is really neet to learn from u as u are just ahead of me . It makes me feel that I can hear you and of course Laurie, and janet as they are great for help if u need experiense and any help u should ask them to !

I was so scared over this block but it is done and yes my next is monday in fact what a great b-day presant! I hope it works long. This last one lasted a bout a hour. We really watched how long hubby did . It made me nervouse as I got depressed that it was so short. I did not know he was watching , but I knen none the less. As I understand this my pm doc will give me 3 then a break for I dont have a clue as of yet.I put alot of hope and faith in this types of treatments.Can you tell me what brought you here(the pm Doc and treatments)? I can't quite remember? I am sorry.One thing is this meds they seem to affect my thoughts my wording when I speak and sometimes I forget. It really is more of a problem when I first take meds after a while it is ok. I am worrying about this burning feeling in my back it sometimes makes me feel ill then passes.

Thanks

Tammie on 8/02/02 at 13:05 (091423)

Brian , thanks for the posts I sure d appreciate them. The drug they gave me was Versade I think that is spelled close! Not sure what it is as I did not look it up! Somedays it really takes alot of energy from me to type simpil messages or emails! I try my best but it just is not happening always!

I have been keeping my jurnal and boy what a great thing you did for me by telling me that! I have found allot of patrens this one is scareing me it is that I seem to have a fever each day maybe not fever but I get a warm feeling and then I have a sweat episode and have to lay down for a time and then I feel ok? It also precededs taking my meds late. In mornings I am home not working I tend to take a bit more at night to sleep often waking up at night and medicating me then sleep past my norm med time so when I get up I take it later with coffee and a banna or fruit. Who knows maybe nothing but I noticed that and really never noticed till the book.

Brian no the pain is real, But I do have my primary insisting i need a phy head man also in my life. I am a bit angry over that as I told him I needed to stay on the paxil ang he told me to stop it cold turkey. My brother in law is a md head man / sorry dont know the spelling but figure u know what I am talking about. He has seen me alot and said he would never stop that type of med cold turky you need to wean off it and decide what is the next move so I have been relaying this and now I am afraid that I am feeling a need for a nother New doctor. I am just afraid that he told me to quit a med just like that no checking into . Oh Well my brother in law said he would work with this doc on treating me for depression so maybe this may work. To many docs anymore. Then I have my hubby and all of his.

This lawyer is still talking to us and sent me forms to sign and said that it would be all on contigency fee,or something as he said things are coming in to perspective in this case. I still am unsure I am scared of all this. I do not want to ruing anyone or put a dent in his carreer. I worry that I am to blame with him but in retrospeck I think that in my heart I did alot of what he told me but I still remember the lies he told me and how he left out the real odds and he shook so bad before he did me I sceen that shake and how he aske so many times wht am i doing now and is this the foot and he seemed unsure but I thought t was a quick thing pushed into by making me a lunch break surgery on a day he doess not do surgery. Have no proof on anything and I may be way out of line as I am not a Dr and have nothing to go on I do have my records and have found some wrong words that I NEVER said I was evver a 100% better and he added that in this among a few other things. So still working on this should I or shouldnt I kinda thing. Well got to go take care and thanks for the help

Re: Now, that wasn't so bad, was it! :*)

BrianG on 7/29/02 at 22:50 (090958)

Hi Tammie,

How was the nerve block? Are you feeling better now? Hope so.

BrianG

Re: Sure ok no it was not , but thx to u and Laurioe

Tammie on 7/30/02 at 11:23 (090991)

Well If I must tell the truth then I shall lol. Yes there were some pain ful moments but then I found that my foot got nice and warm and it was more of a normal color! YES I was happy.My hubby got to touch my left foot not rough but still touch it and it did not send storm electric pulses .

The bad part is that it is all gone and back to the normal.It was very short lived almost like a tease.Today I know it happened for a short while but if I read Laurie right this is to sort of be normal as then the next may be longer and then the next should be even longer yet. So I have not given up as I have a great bunch of friends here that know alot about this RSD and pain Janet and Laurie are the most helpful as they are the longest in this I believe! Susie is the next I believe .

Now question is to anyone who knows about this is when does this back tingling stop? I feel a bit sore and alot of tingling in my back. Hope this to is normal as you see i did not really get going home directions. It more was a paper telling me that this has been done and emergency number to call if certain things happen. Thankfully none has happened like that! Thanks for caring.Also to any thinking of pain mangement for pain , GO FOR IT they are much more in tuned to pain and you are not treated like a junkie!

BrianG on 7/30/02 at 21:26 (091057)

Hi Tammie,

At least you had some relief from the pain, even though it was short lived. I don't know what they injected you with, but it may have been part Lidocain, which would numb your foot right up. At least you know the pain isn't all in your head :*) Hopefully the next injection will last for weeks, if not months!! When do you go again?

Good luck
BrianG

Susie on 8/01/02 at 18:42 (091330)

Tammie, Glad to hear that your proceedure went well, as for the back tingling I did not have tingling just very sore for 2 days then better every day from that point. My first block lasted 2 days and now # 6 last week is still working so each time as been longer. I am not sure how many you can have but I know some people have had many more than myself. My PM Dr told me that he wanted to wait awhile before I have another because he says to many is not good.. I am going next week for another evaluation to a Dr that specializes in foot trauma so that will be interesting to se his opinion. Best wishes, Susie

Tammie on 8/02/02 at 12:16 (091418)

Susie, Thansk so much for the help here! It is really neet to learn from u as u are just ahead of me . It makes me feel that I can hear you and of course Laurie, and janet as they are great for help if u need experiense and any help u should ask them to !

I was so scared over this block but it is done and yes my next is monday in fact what a great b-day presant! I hope it works long. This last one lasted a bout a hour. We really watched how long hubby did . It made me nervouse as I got depressed that it was so short. I did not know he was watching , but I knen none the less. As I understand this my pm doc will give me 3 then a break for I dont have a clue as of yet.I put alot of hope and faith in this types of treatments.Can you tell me what brought you here(the pm Doc and treatments)? I can't quite remember? I am sorry.One thing is this meds they seem to affect my thoughts my wording when I speak and sometimes I forget. It really is more of a problem when I first take meds after a while it is ok. I am worrying about this burning feeling in my back it sometimes makes me feel ill then passes.

Thanks

Tammie on 8/02/02 at 13:05 (091423)

Brian , thanks for the posts I sure d appreciate them. The drug they gave me was Versade I think that is spelled close! Not sure what it is as I did not look it up! Somedays it really takes alot of energy from me to type simpil messages or emails! I try my best but it just is not happening always!

I have been keeping my jurnal and boy what a great thing you did for me by telling me that! I have found allot of patrens this one is scareing me it is that I seem to have a fever each day maybe not fever but I get a warm feeling and then I have a sweat episode and have to lay down for a time and then I feel ok? It also precededs taking my meds late. In mornings I am home not working I tend to take a bit more at night to sleep often waking up at night and medicating me then sleep past my norm med time so when I get up I take it later with coffee and a banna or fruit. Who knows maybe nothing but I noticed that and really never noticed till the book.

Brian no the pain is real, But I do have my primary insisting i need a phy head man also in my life. I am a bit angry over that as I told him I needed to stay on the paxil ang he told me to stop it cold turkey. My brother in law is a md head man / sorry dont know the spelling but figure u know what I am talking about. He has seen me alot and said he would never stop that type of med cold turky you need to wean off it and decide what is the next move so I have been relaying this and now I am afraid that I am feeling a need for a nother New doctor. I am just afraid that he told me to quit a med just like that no checking into . Oh Well my brother in law said he would work with this doc on treating me for depression so maybe this may work. To many docs anymore. Then I have my hubby and all of his.

This lawyer is still talking to us and sent me forms to sign and said that it would be all on contigency fee,or something as he said things are coming in to perspective in this case. I still am unsure I am scared of all this. I do not want to ruing anyone or put a dent in his carreer. I worry that I am to blame with him but in retrospeck I think that in my heart I did alot of what he told me but I still remember the lies he told me and how he left out the real odds and he shook so bad before he did me I sceen that shake and how he aske so many times wht am i doing now and is this the foot and he seemed unsure but I thought t was a quick thing pushed into by making me a lunch break surgery on a day he doess not do surgery. Have no proof on anything and I may be way out of line as I am not a Dr and have nothing to go on I do have my records and have found some wrong words that I NEVER said I was evver a 100% better and he added that in this among a few other things. So still working on this should I or shouldnt I kinda thing. Well got to go take care and thanks for the help