Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

***Garage sales***

Posted by Necee on 7/30/02 at 01:03 (090962)

Well, I did something this past weekend that I've wanted to do for over a year now.....I had a garage sale, but I called mine a Barn Sale...we had it in the hallway of our barn. Everything was displayed neatly and we sold knick knacks, household items, collectibles, old bottles, and some antiques, my husband even sold his old Ford tractor. I'm always amazed at what people will buy!! I had put some things out that were nothing but junk, and they snatched them up. I even sold big dill pickles from a jar, ice cold bottled water and sodas. We had so much fun meeting people from far and wide, we even had an actor stop by, of course he's not famous, but he does westerns and acted in Walker Texas Ranger. He currently works for a company that shoots commercials and he mentioned that our place would be an ideal setting for a western scene, he took our name and phone number so we'll see what happens.
I try to have a barn sale about once a year, but last year my foot was hurting so bad that I just couldn't do it. I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible this time...but you know putting one of those sales together is a lot of work!

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: ***Garage sales***

Carole C in NOLA on 7/30/02 at 02:23 (090963)

Sounds like fun! I'll bet that if I'd been there, I'd have bought a lot of things. Knick knacks, collectibles, old bottles, and antiques? You betcha! :)

I'm looking for that kind of thing right now for my new house. Probably I'll spend a lot of time in the antique shops down on Royal St. in the French Quarter and browsing around that area, and also on Magazine St. in the Garden District. I have to find things for the alcoves and bare walls, and hope I will find at least a few interesting and appealing things before my housewarming party (probably in October). I'm waiting to go on this shopping expedition until after I move in, just in case the sellers decide to leave some of the paintings and curios that are already there. They won't, but I can dream! LOL

It's 2:15 in the morning and I'm wide awake. The phone rang at 1:50 AM and I sprang out of bed and raced to answer it, thinking it was 'the call' that my 93 year old mother had passed away. I had been dreaming of her, I guess. The good news is that it was a wrong number so Mom is fine. The bad news is that I can't get back to sleep! I am so curious as to why a perfectly civilized, sober sounding gentleman would be calling someone at that hour in the first place. Maybe he works nights.

Carole C

john h on 7/30/02 at 08:44 (090973)

Sorry about the call Carole. I had been drinking wine.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/30/02 at 11:30 (090992)

(giggle) You certainly behaved in a civilized way despite the wine. I appreciated the brief and considerate apology before 'you' hung up.

Watch out for those Mexican beers! Who knows what will happen if you follow them with wine. :)

Carole C

Tammie on 7/30/02 at 12:10 (091000)

Necee sounds like a lot of fun!!! We used to go to sales such as that many years ago lol, gosh they were some good times! Interesting people we would met and some very touching people it was fun to chat and just relate in world happings and of corse kids came in to ! Well hope you get some rest I am resting in my pjs today by order and I am a bit bored but actually sleepy alot so hope to see some one online! Necee thanks for being here also for the loving care you give to us all! Take good care of your tootsies

Carole C in NOLA on 7/30/02 at 02:23 (090963)

Sounds like fun! I'll bet that if I'd been there, I'd have bought a lot of things. Knick knacks, collectibles, old bottles, and antiques? You betcha! :)

I'm looking for that kind of thing right now for my new house. Probably I'll spend a lot of time in the antique shops down on Royal St. in the French Quarter and browsing around that area, and also on Magazine St. in the Garden District. I have to find things for the alcoves and bare walls, and hope I will find at least a few interesting and appealing things before my housewarming party (probably in October). I'm waiting to go on this shopping expedition until after I move in, just in case the sellers decide to leave some of the paintings and curios that are already there. They won't, but I can dream! LOL

It's 2:15 in the morning and I'm wide awake. The phone rang at 1:50 AM and I sprang out of bed and raced to answer it, thinking it was 'the call' that my 93 year old mother had passed away. I had been dreaming of her, I guess. The good news is that it was a wrong number so Mom is fine. The bad news is that I can't get back to sleep! I am so curious as to why a perfectly civilized, sober sounding gentleman would be calling someone at that hour in the first place. Maybe he works nights.

Carole C

john h on 7/30/02 at 08:44 (090973)

Sorry about the call Carole. I had been drinking wine.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/30/02 at 11:30 (090992)

(giggle) You certainly behaved in a civilized way despite the wine. I appreciated the brief and considerate apology before 'you' hung up.

Watch out for those Mexican beers! Who knows what will happen if you follow them with wine. :)

Carole C

Tammie on 7/30/02 at 12:10 (091000)

Necee sounds like a lot of fun!!! We used to go to sales such as that many years ago lol, gosh they were some good times! Interesting people we would met and some very touching people it was fun to chat and just relate in world happings and of corse kids came in to ! Well hope you get some rest I am resting in my pjs today by order and I am a bit bored but actually sleepy alot so hope to see some one online! Necee thanks for being here also for the loving care you give to us all! Take good care of your tootsies