Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

treating bursitis and tendonitis

Posted by paula on 7/30/02 at 13:25 (091004)

What are some of the treatments for a bursa and tendenitis? Im seeing a orthopedic {for back problems too}, but he just treats my back and not my foot. I read on these post that if you don't treat tendonitis, it could rupture. Im in alot of pain and im getting frustrated, because he's not taking it seriously.He just says that the pain is probably coming from my back. I also have mutiple heel spurs in the same foot.Any help would be appriciated.

Re: treating bursitis and tendonitis

Gail R on 7/30/02 at 23:18 (091067)

Paula, don't see a lot about this foot problem. Have you tried resting the tendon? The cortisone dose packs help, but it is temporary. The cam walker helps rest the tendon. Anti imflamotory drugs help. I take bextra. I have seen 2 docs who recommend surgery for my case. Still have not scheduled it. Hope you feel better soon! Gail R

Kathy G on 7/31/02 at 18:42 (091198)

Gail,

If you scan these boards, you'll see that most of us, while having great respect for Orthopedic doctors, believe that our foot problems are best addressed by a Podiatrist who specializes in treating those 26 bones and numerous tendons and muscles in our complicated feet. Maybe you should try going to see one yourself and see if you get some results.

Good Luck!

Gail R on 7/31/02 at 21:23 (091219)

Hi Kathy, I do have a podiatrist. He did one of the releases a couple years ago. I saw him a few months ago for a second opinion. He is a great doctor and I value his expertise. I quit giong to him on a regular basis when he made me an appointment with the arthritis doctor. I have been going to him for years. Thanks tho I value anyone's insight who knows about this foot pain. People who have never had it just don't know how debilitating it can be. I agree completly no one needs to think of surgery as a miracle cure. Blessings to you. Gail

Gail R on 7/30/02 at 23:18 (091067)

Paula, don't see a lot about this foot problem. Have you tried resting the tendon? The cortisone dose packs help, but it is temporary. The cam walker helps rest the tendon. Anti imflamotory drugs help. I take bextra. I have seen 2 docs who recommend surgery for my case. Still have not scheduled it. Hope you feel better soon! Gail R

Kathy G on 7/31/02 at 18:42 (091198)

Gail,

If you scan these boards, you'll see that most of us, while having great respect for Orthopedic doctors, believe that our foot problems are best addressed by a Podiatrist who specializes in treating those 26 bones and numerous tendons and muscles in our complicated feet. Maybe you should try going to see one yourself and see if you get some results.

Good Luck!

Gail R on 7/31/02 at 21:23 (091219)

Hi Kathy, I do have a podiatrist. He did one of the releases a couple years ago. I saw him a few months ago for a second opinion. He is a great doctor and I value his expertise. I quit giong to him on a regular basis when he made me an appointment with the arthritis doctor. I have been going to him for years. Thanks tho I value anyone's insight who knows about this foot pain. People who have never had it just don't know how debilitating it can be. I agree completly no one needs to think of surgery as a miracle cure. Blessings to you. Gail