Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF but with questions

Posted by Carrie on 7/30/02 at 17:02 (091023)

I have been suffering with PF for nearly 2 years. I have done all the same treatments as everyone else. I did taping, ortho's 1 shot, and ice exercise and proper foot wear and anti inflams. I have also worn a short leg cast 2 timess! Now they are doing an Electro- Acuscope treatment, which does not seem to be helping. The one question I would like answered, is I lose feeling in my toes and at times feel prickly, like bugs crawling. Hard to explain, but with all the pain I am used to some times it feels like this. Is this normal? I have been having this a while now, before the 2nd cast was put on, but the feeling is back and it is bothersome. Any help would be great! Thanks Carrie

Re: PF but with questions

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/30/02 at 19:26 (091028)

How often do you have the feeling you describe? Is it all over your feet or just on the bottoms of your feet?
Ed

Carrie on 7/31/02 at 13:01 (091153)

Just on the bottom of my feet. The top of my foot swell in the pm. The numbness in my toes , usually the last 2 toes, is becoming an everyday thing. My problem is the dr. I am seeing, wants me to finish my Acuscope before we do anything else. I have 7? more weeks at 1 time a week visit. Thanks

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/30/02 at 19:26 (091028)

How often do you have the feeling you describe? Is it all over your feet or just on the bottoms of your feet?
Ed

Carrie on 7/31/02 at 13:01 (091153)

Just on the bottom of my feet. The top of my foot swell in the pm. The numbness in my toes , usually the last 2 toes, is becoming an everyday thing. My problem is the dr. I am seeing, wants me to finish my Acuscope before we do anything else. I have 7? more weeks at 1 time a week visit. Thanks