Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Footprints shoe stors in CT.

Posted by julies on 7/30/02 at 19:52 (091044)

Anyone ever been to this shoe store? They are suppose to have a huge selection of all sizes, styles and shapes. Have a special otho dept with a pod. running the show. It's not a bad drive for me so am thinking about going. This whole business is new to me. Had one visit to a pod. Have only had arch pain for the past 2 years but kept in completely under control with off the shelf shoes that felt good and had good arch support for my hi arch. Got up the other morning in screaming pain with my heel. Used ice, massage, rest and nsaids. Went to pod the next day. Took xray and confirmed my self diag. of pf, no spur.Told me to buy superfeet supports and put them in new balance, reebok or similar good shoe. Got new ones but don't feel like the superfeet fit my last right. If they don't feel right can they be good? He gave me no other advise about how to manage this irritation. I read here about stretching and have been doing that. Had to stop my pilates 2 years ago because a lot of moves made my arch feel like it was being stretched and torn. Sorry for the book. Great to have experience to turn to.

Re: Footprints shoe stors in CT.

Ron P. on 8/01/02 at 00:35 (091235)

Hi julies

I soved my problem with Dr Kiper's liquid silicone orthotics. It seems to be the massaging movement that does the trick. He will give you a ~10 min consultation over the phone. Ask him whats his sucess record with your specfic heel problem. The number is 800 DRKIPER. Good Luck

Re: Footprints shoe stors in CT.

Ron P. on 8/01/02 at 00:35 (091235)

Hi julies

I soved my problem with Dr Kiper's liquid silicone orthotics. It seems to be the massaging movement that does the trick. He will give you a ~10 min consultation over the phone. Ask him whats his sucess record with your specfic heel problem. The number is 800 DRKIPER. Good Luck