Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Severe Heel Pain

Posted by Dean J on 7/30/02 at 21:24 (091056)

4 months ago I fell off a ladder 10' and landed on my right foot. I am a fairly large man, 6'4' and 200 lbs. I crushed my ankle into more than 20 pieces. After 4 months (2 surgeries, an external fixator for 10 weeks, a aircast for a month and a half with little weight),the doctor told me that I can now walk on it with the aircast or a brace that was made for me. Since my injury, my heel has been numb. But from the first time I put weight on my foot, the pain has been unbearable. My heel feels like there's knives going into it. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Re: Severe Heel Pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/30/02 at 22:54 (091064)

You may have plantar fasciitis. You could have nerve damage. Solution: Your doctor can examine you. If it plantar fasciitis you have come to the right web site. Read the heel pain book. You need to first have your doctor take another look at your foot. A podiatrist could help you with the diagnosis if needed

elliott on 7/31/02 at 07:20 (091095)

And if he has nerve damage and not PF, he also came to the right web site. (I'm an advocate for equal rights for TTS & other nerve ailments on this site. :-))

Dean J, suggest you spend time reading posts on the various boards, go back in time if necessary, and you'll get a lot of knowledge and ideas for your case.

---

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/30/02 at 22:54 (091064)

You may have plantar fasciitis. You could have nerve damage. Solution: Your doctor can examine you. If it plantar fasciitis you have come to the right web site. Read the heel pain book. You need to first have your doctor take another look at your foot. A podiatrist could help you with the diagnosis if needed

elliott on 7/31/02 at 07:20 (091095)

And if he has nerve damage and not PF, he also came to the right web site. (I'm an advocate for equal rights for TTS & other nerve ailments on this site. :-))

Dean J, suggest you spend time reading posts on the various boards, go back in time if necessary, and you'll get a lot of knowledge and ideas for your case.

---