Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Immense Pain! Thanks for Your help, I printed your reponses and took them to my GP.

Posted by Ricky J. on 7/31/02 at 07:08 (091093)

I called my general practicianer yesterday and ask if he could get me in to see him asap. He just had a cancellation and I went to see him. I printed out the reponses that ya'll wrote back to me and the recommedation for treatment. He thought they were good. He said that he had never had a case of TTS. He set me up on Neurontin, Elavil, and Tylenoly 3 with codine. I had to practically beg for pain relief medicene at my Orthepaedic center. I took the Neurontin and the Elavil yesterday about 2 pm, inwhich by 4 pm I was practically knocked out. I slept for 13 hours, only to be waken by the pain every five hours or so. Had to fall back on a hydrocodone to relief some pain.
How long does this medicene take before it starts releiving some pain and depression? Thanks again for your help!

Re: Immense Pain! Thanks for Your help, I printed your reponses and took them to my GP.

Tammie on 8/01/02 at 11:40 (091272)

Ricky,I found Ultram a very good pain relief drug. It can be taken with all that u have above I believe as I to am on neurontin, elavil,and paxil and was (ultram ) but now oxycontin and percecet for breakthru.

I wanted to mention the ultram as it was wonderful for a long time it was doubled sometimes and chnged a lot of different ways for pain relief! Please check into it. Also what about a antidepressant? I dont know every thing but I heard in your plea that maybe it might help as It is not the depression that goes with many things BUT it has been due to a long time with unsolvable pain . It is not my business but it might be a good idea to talk about that also! I know elavil is supposed to be one but my Dr. felt that it was not enough it was more for a sleep effect and possible nerve relief. But again sounds like someone might be hearing u!

One more thing, Please also try getting into a pain management program as medications are nice but it is nicer to have a good dr. to obseerve you and control the drugs you are on. They are not as hard on you or your pain level as alot of family docs NOt bashing family docs as we have a nice one also but he himself sais I needed a pain clinic . They could give me better care in that area. he would love to work as a partner in this but let my narcotics be observed by him. So just another thought ! Take care and sounds as tho you are finding soome help! Keep your chin up things can go from horrible to maybe a drop of relief in a few times a day and maybe a night of sleep! Good luck and we are hear for u! But the Docs are the ones that can help you the best.

Re: Immense Pain! Thanks for Your help, I printed your reponses and took them to my GP.

KathyB on 8/02/02 at 10:53 (091409)

Neurontin takes time to build in your system. It will a few days for the effects to take place. When I went back on Neurtontin and started Topamax it took 4 days for me to feels the effects. I do not know enough about the Evail but you should. You need to get on line and understand what these drugs are and what and how they are going to effect you. You also need to be on a pain killer routine until you and your doctor can get than under control. Be informed about what you have, what you are taking and how you are going to participate in your treatment. I agree that you may need to go to a pain management clinic, but for sure you need to get away from your internist and get to a doctor that can treat you effetely which is a podiatrist.

trish e on 8/14/02 at 12:50 (092464)

hello,iam on neurontin and my neuroligist said it takes 4/6 weeks to actually kick in,iam up to 2700mg and it hasn't helped me at all.

Ken on 9/07/02 at 10:56 (094685)

tarsel tunnel syndrome releif from most pain in situations where your on your feet eg work,shopping
try biofreeze for serios releif

Tammie on 8/01/02 at 11:40 (091272)

Ricky,I found Ultram a very good pain relief drug. It can be taken with all that u have above I believe as I to am on neurontin, elavil,and paxil and was (ultram ) but now oxycontin and percecet for breakthru.

I wanted to mention the ultram as it was wonderful for a long time it was doubled sometimes and chnged a lot of different ways for pain relief! Please check into it. Also what about a antidepressant? I dont know every thing but I heard in your plea that maybe it might help as It is not the depression that goes with many things BUT it has been due to a long time with unsolvable pain . It is not my business but it might be a good idea to talk about that also! I know elavil is supposed to be one but my Dr. felt that it was not enough it was more for a sleep effect and possible nerve relief. But again sounds like someone might be hearing u!

One more thing, Please also try getting into a pain management program as medications are nice but it is nicer to have a good dr. to obseerve you and control the drugs you are on. They are not as hard on you or your pain level as alot of family docs NOt bashing family docs as we have a nice one also but he himself sais I needed a pain clinic . They could give me better care in that area. he would love to work as a partner in this but let my narcotics be observed by him. So just another thought ! Take care and sounds as tho you are finding soome help! Keep your chin up things can go from horrible to maybe a drop of relief in a few times a day and maybe a night of sleep! Good luck and we are hear for u! But the Docs are the ones that can help you the best.

KathyB on 8/02/02 at 10:53 (091409)

Neurontin takes time to build in your system. It will a few days for the effects to take place. When I went back on Neurtontin and started Topamax it took 4 days for me to feels the effects. I do not know enough about the Evail but you should. You need to get on line and understand what these drugs are and what and how they are going to effect you. You also need to be on a pain killer routine until you and your doctor can get than under control. Be informed about what you have, what you are taking and how you are going to participate in your treatment. I agree that you may need to go to a pain management clinic, but for sure you need to get away from your internist and get to a doctor that can treat you effetely which is a podiatrist.

trish e on 8/14/02 at 12:50 (092464)

hello,iam on neurontin and my neuroligist said it takes 4/6 weeks to actually kick in,iam up to 2700mg and it hasn't helped me at all.

Ken on 9/07/02 at 10:56 (094685)

tarsel tunnel syndrome releif from most pain in situations where your on your feet eg work,shopping
try biofreeze for serios releif