Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wearing SDOs today in Finn Comfort Shoes

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 7/31/02 at 10:49 (091140)

Just reporting in. Soreness seems to have gone down enough I am wearing these SDO taped down (used that packaging tape to keep them down) in my Finn Comfort sandals. I can not bear the soreness in my sneakers. I am going to do this 'Walk Test' that Dr. Kiper has soon and let him know what the results are so that he can figure out if there needs to be adjustment.

Ron P., you mean well but you are coming off to people like a spammer. If you really want to crusade, put your name up there on Dr. Kiper's board. (He has a testimony board with e-mails). I did write people on that board and only a few wrote me back. Also, give us an e-mail for you on this board for people to contact you, believe me, they will! I myself did a search on this board about SDO, found one gal and e-mailed her...she replied back that they did not work and that Dr. kiper gave her her money back. Others I wrote said they worked.

Re: Wearing SDOs today ...Ron's e-mail

Ron P. on 7/31/02 at 15:05 (091171)

Hi Melissa

My e-mail is (email removed). Yes i should sign up for dr kiper web page...he just didn't ask me. Hey i gave u some good tips on wearing your SDO's. My position was spelled out in 'Once & For All' message 90708. i don't want to hide anything ...i just think this is an alternative that should be considered.

Re: Wearing SDOs today in Finn Comfort Shoes

mary on 8/01/02 at 07:35 (091249)

I agree with Ron...he can promote all he wants. leave him alone.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/01/02 at 13:10 (091283)

Well, he can do what he wants, but his posts have associated Dr. Kiper's orthotics with cheap spammy advertising in my mind. Because of that I doubt I will ever try them. Personally I think his posts have done Dr. Kiper a great disservice, since most if not all of the regulars on the board have been so turned off by Ron's posts.

Now if Mahatmelissama says they work for her, THAT would be persuasive to me.

Carole C

Dr Dennis Kiper on 8/01/02 at 13:48 (091287)

Hi Carole C., I feel a response by me is warranted here. I want you to know that Ron P is just a very gratefull patient of mine. I never asked him or anyone else to promote me. I have advertised for several years on this web site and never posted or promoted myself other than my ad under the products section. The only reason I'm here now is that Ron P had called me and stated that there was some buzz going on here and asked me to look at it. It was in response to Dr Zuckerman that I did get involved. I actually was not going to get involved in these discussions because I'm busy enough without it. I suppose Ron is one of those patients who has been through the same things as many of you. That is poor and unsuccessful treatment in the past. He has spent a lot of money for his family to find something that worked for them. I appreciate his efforts, but I get many referrals from patients like him without him promoting me here.
Right now one of my patients who is posting here is under my care. We are in the 'fitting/adjustment' stages right now and she is having some normal reactions which are not necessarily favorable, but that is the art and science of biomechanical resolve. It would be great if the fit were perfect right away and the results were like putting on eyeglasses. It doesn't work that way. I have to guide the patient through a process which involves orthotic fitting/adjustments and stretching.
You state you are put off by Ron and would not try and let me help you. I understand how you might feel like that, but truthfully, to be locked in a closed mind is worse than keeping it open and failing (in my opinion).
If in time you just cannot find a solution to your biomechanical problems,
look at my site and see that in a world of orthotics, I stand alone. Maybe, just maybe...drkiper.com

Re: Dr Kiper

Julie on 8/01/02 at 16:24 (091303)

Dr Kiper, your posts in the last couple of days, and have been both interesting and persuasive. And I believe your explanation of Ron. Like Carole, though, I've been irritated by his numerous identical posts over the past few weeks and agree that they've done you and your product (which I assume is a good one, as Scott sells it here) a disservice. I've had to assume he isn't spamming, because Scott hasn't told him to stop, but the way that he posts, and the frequency with which he posts, certainly make what he says sound like spamming.

Perhaps you could suggest to him that if he wants to help people here, he could give more thought to what he says, and say it in a way that sounds like a genuine response to the person he is saying it to, instead of like a cracked record.

Please stick around, now you've come. It's useful to have your perspective.

Re: Wearing SDOs today ...Ron's e-mail

Ron P. on 7/31/02 at 15:05 (091171)

Hi Melissa

My e-mail is (email removed). Yes i should sign up for dr kiper web page...he just didn't ask me. Hey i gave u some good tips on wearing your SDO's. My position was spelled out in 'Once & For All' message 90708. i don't want to hide anything ...i just think this is an alternative that should be considered.

mary on 8/01/02 at 07:35 (091249)

I agree with Ron...he can promote all he wants. leave him alone.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/01/02 at 13:10 (091283)

Well, he can do what he wants, but his posts have associated Dr. Kiper's orthotics with cheap spammy advertising in my mind. Because of that I doubt I will ever try them. Personally I think his posts have done Dr. Kiper a great disservice, since most if not all of the regulars on the board have been so turned off by Ron's posts.

Now if Mahatmelissama says they work for her, THAT would be persuasive to me.

Carole C

Dr Dennis Kiper on 8/01/02 at 13:48 (091287)

Hi Carole C., I feel a response by me is warranted here. I want you to know that Ron P is just a very gratefull patient of mine. I never asked him or anyone else to promote me. I have advertised for several years on this web site and never posted or promoted myself other than my ad under the products section. The only reason I'm here now is that Ron P had called me and stated that there was some buzz going on here and asked me to look at it. It was in response to Dr Zuckerman that I did get involved. I actually was not going to get involved in these discussions because I'm busy enough without it. I suppose Ron is one of those patients who has been through the same things as many of you. That is poor and unsuccessful treatment in the past. He has spent a lot of money for his family to find something that worked for them. I appreciate his efforts, but I get many referrals from patients like him without him promoting me here.
Right now one of my patients who is posting here is under my care. We are in the 'fitting/adjustment' stages right now and she is having some normal reactions which are not necessarily favorable, but that is the art and science of biomechanical resolve. It would be great if the fit were perfect right away and the results were like putting on eyeglasses. It doesn't work that way. I have to guide the patient through a process which involves orthotic fitting/adjustments and stretching.
You state you are put off by Ron and would not try and let me help you. I understand how you might feel like that, but truthfully, to be locked in a closed mind is worse than keeping it open and failing (in my opinion).
If in time you just cannot find a solution to your biomechanical problems,
look at my site and see that in a world of orthotics, I stand alone. Maybe, just maybe...drkiper.com

Re: Dr Kiper

Julie on 8/01/02 at 16:24 (091303)

Dr Kiper, your posts in the last couple of days, and have been both interesting and persuasive. And I believe your explanation of Ron. Like Carole, though, I've been irritated by his numerous identical posts over the past few weeks and agree that they've done you and your product (which I assume is a good one, as Scott sells it here) a disservice. I've had to assume he isn't spamming, because Scott hasn't told him to stop, but the way that he posts, and the frequency with which he posts, certainly make what he says sound like spamming.

Perhaps you could suggest to him that if he wants to help people here, he could give more thought to what he says, and say it in a way that sounds like a genuine response to the person he is saying it to, instead of like a cracked record.

Please stick around, now you've come. It's useful to have your perspective.