Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain from sports injury

Posted by rhys miller on 8/01/02 at 10:21 (091264)

I lead a somewhat active lifestyle and have never had any heel pain. I was playing softball 1 week ago and injured my heel by running full speed and planting all my weight on my right heel. There was instant pain, but I thought it wasn't too bad and continued to play. My heel has been slightly swollen and there was some initial brusing on the outside of my foot above the heel and below the 'ankle bone'. Most of the pain is in the center of my heel and deep in the middle. It is still very sore and I was wondering if I could done something serious or just bruised it. Should I be concerned? I am currently unemployed, thus I can't go see a doctor yet.

Thank you,
Gimpy

Re: Heel pain from sports injury

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 8/01/02 at 11:05 (091270)

Rhys:

Are talking about center of the back of the heel bone? The achilles tendon?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

rhys miller on 8/03/02 at 12:32 (091481)

Dr. Cozzarelli,
Thank you for your time. The center of the back of the heel bone is correct, but the pain extends pretty much throughout the entire bottom of my heel. When I stand up straight and put some weight on it, the pain feels like a bad bruise and deep inside. Walking with a normal step is impossible with the first impact being that center of the back of the heel bone being the most sore. The achilles is fine along with the start of the arch to my toes. Just the heel.

Thanks,
Rhys

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 8/01/02 at 11:05 (091270)

Rhys:

Are talking about center of the back of the heel bone? The achilles tendon?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

rhys miller on 8/03/02 at 12:32 (091481)

Dr. Cozzarelli,
Thank you for your time. The center of the back of the heel bone is correct, but the pain extends pretty much throughout the entire bottom of my heel. When I stand up straight and put some weight on it, the pain feels like a bad bruise and deep inside. Walking with a normal step is impossible with the first impact being that center of the back of the heel bone being the most sore. The achilles is fine along with the start of the arch to my toes. Just the heel.

Thanks,
Rhys

alan g on 8/20/08 at 07:40 (249423)

Dang it he didn't answer you question haha..I've got the same problem right now and it does hurt pretty bad..