Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

***Tammie*** Your in my thoughts

Posted by Necee on 8/01/02 at 10:39 (091266)

Tammie I hope that your feeling ok these days, we miss you on the board.
I always look forward to reading your posts....you are constantly cheering us up and giving words of encouragement.
I pray that you are getting better, and just want you to know that you are thought about daily. So don't give up dear friend, keep thinking positive, you will get over this.
With love and prayers,

Necee

Re: Me, too! (eom)

Suzanne D on 8/01/02 at 17:51 (091317)

Re: ***Tammie*** Your in my thoughts

Tammie on 8/02/02 at 12:26 (091419)

I am sorry that I am not on board as much I do scan it somedays! But I cant always have enough energy to think how to type and think of the trouble I have with spelling things and such lol. I am the worse anyways, I need all the help I can get! Thanks god you kind people let it slide!!

I am plugging along! The first block was done and the next is mon what a presant for me I do hope it will last longer then the hour. Doc seems happy so far, hubby is also and actually me to it was like a omen of what could come !!!

The blocks are not fun but they are not supposed to be! They gave me Versade when needed I am not sure what that is I guess I should look up! Laurie Knew what it was imediatly she said she got that also I believe.

The new thing I am watching is I seem to have a fever every day it seems it is in advance of me needing my medications. I really get a sick feeling in my body such as the flu type I take meds and lay down for a bit and when I get up I feel fine and pretty good. Not sure what this is going on but hope it is just a normal effect. Well hang in Girls I think of you often and am glad to have such great friends! Please know that i do not ignore anyof you! I just sometimes need a lot of rest and yes I give in and do it! Hang in and treat your bodies with respect as you only recieve one and we sure beat them down! Hugs to you both and know that you are perfect angels!

Re: Could be "mini withdrawals"

BrianG on 8/02/02 at 20:35 (091462)

Hi Tammie,

You may want to mention your 'flu' symptoms to your pain doc. It sounds like your body is using up the time release pain med, and craving more, before you take your next dose. A short time after you take the second dose, you begin to feel well again, right! Are you still taking your pain meds twice a day? If your doctor will prescribe them every 8 hours, I think you'll be OK. The Fed's are trying to make the 'Contin' manufacturer's say it lasts 12 hours. For most people it doesn't, 8 hours is the max. Call your pain doc, this could be an easy fix.

Good luck
BrianG

PS If you have already gone to 3 a day, you might have to raise your dose a little. It's to be expected. You were started on a very low dose, while you had extremely high pain. This is what they mean by 'titrating up' to a dose that will work for you. Don't be afraid to move up, you have plenty of room to go, before you even get to a medium sized dose.

Re: Brian it could be,It also is good to see and read Elliotts info to people again and Brian combine those with our ladies who have so much knowledge we could really have a interesting site!

Tammie on 8/06/02 at 12:06 (091744)

I have not had to much time to talk to my pain doc. I had my second block yesterday,To my great disapointment it did nothing nothing at all!I had high hopes as the first did for the first hour and I was told how wonderful that was.
I dont know this could be ok also I have not clue!

I have One left next monday, after this we will have a appt. to talk about all that has gone on and what are next plan will be. He will reacess all meds and effects then and I guess the whole thing. I seem to have a low pain level after thease pain blocks. I expierance alot of tingling pain in my back along with a like a huge area punch feeling.I have heard from some of the patients there waiting for there blocks that alot of this is the normal to some and of course some it is quite different.

Yesterday, I had 3 nurses try to get blood from me it took each nurse two trys to give it to the next then the last nurse got it on her first try! That was 5 sticks. They were going to just take me in without it(IV) I said oh no I will not get one then. Amazing it worked!They lectured me as if I wasnt dehydrating myself I would have better luck with my veins. They complain they roll and they loose it. I guess I didnt know I was dehydrating myself so I will have to watch and add fluids before the day of block! I slept all day yesterday, today alot of pain so meds and sleep and I may try tomorrow to work, they encourage me to ,as long as I can pace myself and not hurt myself doing it.Truthfully I have been doing alot more of this even when i dont want to .My body is just reacting to it without any way of me to keep going.

I still have hope but then I feel a bit of defeat .My hubby seems to be in charge of me like a child now but then I think it is good as I dont feel much like a adult alot of days.Not sure where all of this will lead to or end at but I am still in it till the end of it whereever this may be.

I have felt so much pain lately have not had much time to read things lawyer sent to me, I am a bit unsure of what I should do there either! I kept that paper Elliott sent me on that endosocpe surgery and I really believe now that I have had all of thease tests and such that this is indeed what he gave me and I really believe I need to involve a lawyer in some respects as I feel as my life is pretty much gone as I once knew it. I have sunk to as far as using a wheel chair at the super market a couple of days and I thought I would never do that. Well I did it and the only thing I felt was I had to hurry and get home as I hurt to bad to want to be out in stores I wanted to lay down and continue to search for the perfect place that I would not hurt.

Hind site is real How I would have never thought this possible for ME.
I think I was a bad girl thinking people could control there pain and still do things , Now I KNOW diffrently for this I am so very sorry to those I might have felt this to!! Anyways I am ok and trying to stay in this and keep reading and searching for THE plan or THE cure lol! Hows things helping you Brian?Do I hear any whimpering puppies yet? Oh my daughter has a baby Poodle pup she is so little and so cute but she sure can talk alot lol! But she has been such a comfort for me I am gald she is here except her sitting in front of door wanting to do her business and me deciding how to let her lol/ Comical my friend verry much so! Well drop me a line to tell me whats happening in your life!

PS I am really glad to see Elliott back on board! He has alot of knowledge I see this and enjoy reading it.He has this interesting charm! But darn you cant help believing him as darn he has alot of proof and knowledge! So keep the knowldge up you guys it si interesting if it will be some of the women knowledge or the guys if they intereact they become a superiour!!!!Ok off to rest I look foward to the time I can surf again later ! Tammie

Re: Brian it could be,It also is good to see and read Elliotts info to people again and Brian combine those with our ladies who have so much knowledge we could really have a interesting site!

Pauline on 8/06/02 at 13:44 (091750)

Tammie,
I want to send encouragement your way, and tell you not to give up. That also means your control over how and who you allow to take your blood samples.

I've set rules and you can do the same. I tell them it's my game and this is how it's played. They get one try and cannot dig around for the vein.
If they miss they must pull the needle out and try again. Two tries without results and they are out. They must get someone else.

I tell them up front if they feel the least bit uncomfortable playing by my rules they should get someone else right away.

It works for me, and I haven't had a bad poke yet. Scared a few off, but
somehow someone in the lab manages to get the job done right on the first poke.

Keep drinking that water because it really could contribute to their difficulty with your veins, but remember your still in control so speak up if your treated rudely.

Re: Me, too! (eom)

Suzanne D on 8/01/02 at 17:51 (091317)

Re: ***Tammie*** Your in my thoughts

Tammie on 8/02/02 at 12:26 (091419)

I am sorry that I am not on board as much I do scan it somedays! But I cant always have enough energy to think how to type and think of the trouble I have with spelling things and such lol. I am the worse anyways, I need all the help I can get! Thanks god you kind people let it slide!!

I am plugging along! The first block was done and the next is mon what a presant for me I do hope it will last longer then the hour. Doc seems happy so far, hubby is also and actually me to it was like a omen of what could come !!!

The blocks are not fun but they are not supposed to be! They gave me Versade when needed I am not sure what that is I guess I should look up! Laurie Knew what it was imediatly she said she got that also I believe.

The new thing I am watching is I seem to have a fever every day it seems it is in advance of me needing my medications. I really get a sick feeling in my body such as the flu type I take meds and lay down for a bit and when I get up I feel fine and pretty good. Not sure what this is going on but hope it is just a normal effect. Well hang in Girls I think of you often and am glad to have such great friends! Please know that i do not ignore anyof you! I just sometimes need a lot of rest and yes I give in and do it! Hang in and treat your bodies with respect as you only recieve one and we sure beat them down! Hugs to you both and know that you are perfect angels!

Re: Could be "mini withdrawals"

BrianG on 8/02/02 at 20:35 (091462)

Hi Tammie,

You may want to mention your 'flu' symptoms to your pain doc. It sounds like your body is using up the time release pain med, and craving more, before you take your next dose. A short time after you take the second dose, you begin to feel well again, right! Are you still taking your pain meds twice a day? If your doctor will prescribe them every 8 hours, I think you'll be OK. The Fed's are trying to make the 'Contin' manufacturer's say it lasts 12 hours. For most people it doesn't, 8 hours is the max. Call your pain doc, this could be an easy fix.

Good luck
BrianG

PS If you have already gone to 3 a day, you might have to raise your dose a little. It's to be expected. You were started on a very low dose, while you had extremely high pain. This is what they mean by 'titrating up' to a dose that will work for you. Don't be afraid to move up, you have plenty of room to go, before you even get to a medium sized dose.

Tammie on 8/06/02 at 12:06 (091744)

I have not had to much time to talk to my pain doc. I had my second block yesterday,To my great disapointment it did nothing nothing at all!I had high hopes as the first did for the first hour and I was told how wonderful that was.
I dont know this could be ok also I have not clue!

I have One left next monday, after this we will have a appt. to talk about all that has gone on and what are next plan will be. He will reacess all meds and effects then and I guess the whole thing. I seem to have a low pain level after thease pain blocks. I expierance alot of tingling pain in my back along with a like a huge area punch feeling.I have heard from some of the patients there waiting for there blocks that alot of this is the normal to some and of course some it is quite different.

Yesterday, I had 3 nurses try to get blood from me it took each nurse two trys to give it to the next then the last nurse got it on her first try! That was 5 sticks. They were going to just take me in without it(IV) I said oh no I will not get one then. Amazing it worked!They lectured me as if I wasnt dehydrating myself I would have better luck with my veins. They complain they roll and they loose it. I guess I didnt know I was dehydrating myself so I will have to watch and add fluids before the day of block! I slept all day yesterday, today alot of pain so meds and sleep and I may try tomorrow to work, they encourage me to ,as long as I can pace myself and not hurt myself doing it.Truthfully I have been doing alot more of this even when i dont want to .My body is just reacting to it without any way of me to keep going.

I still have hope but then I feel a bit of defeat .My hubby seems to be in charge of me like a child now but then I think it is good as I dont feel much like a adult alot of days.Not sure where all of this will lead to or end at but I am still in it till the end of it whereever this may be.

I have felt so much pain lately have not had much time to read things lawyer sent to me, I am a bit unsure of what I should do there either! I kept that paper Elliott sent me on that endosocpe surgery and I really believe now that I have had all of thease tests and such that this is indeed what he gave me and I really believe I need to involve a lawyer in some respects as I feel as my life is pretty much gone as I once knew it. I have sunk to as far as using a wheel chair at the super market a couple of days and I thought I would never do that. Well I did it and the only thing I felt was I had to hurry and get home as I hurt to bad to want to be out in stores I wanted to lay down and continue to search for the perfect place that I would not hurt.

Hind site is real How I would have never thought this possible for ME.
I think I was a bad girl thinking people could control there pain and still do things , Now I KNOW diffrently for this I am so very sorry to those I might have felt this to!! Anyways I am ok and trying to stay in this and keep reading and searching for THE plan or THE cure lol! Hows things helping you Brian?Do I hear any whimpering puppies yet? Oh my daughter has a baby Poodle pup she is so little and so cute but she sure can talk alot lol! But she has been such a comfort for me I am gald she is here except her sitting in front of door wanting to do her business and me deciding how to let her lol/ Comical my friend verry much so! Well drop me a line to tell me whats happening in your life!

PS I am really glad to see Elliott back on board! He has alot of knowledge I see this and enjoy reading it.He has this interesting charm! But darn you cant help believing him as darn he has alot of proof and knowledge! So keep the knowldge up you guys it si interesting if it will be some of the women knowledge or the guys if they intereact they become a superiour!!!!Ok off to rest I look foward to the time I can surf again later ! Tammie

Pauline on 8/06/02 at 13:44 (091750)

Tammie,
I want to send encouragement your way, and tell you not to give up. That also means your control over how and who you allow to take your blood samples.

I've set rules and you can do the same. I tell them it's my game and this is how it's played. They get one try and cannot dig around for the vein.
If they miss they must pull the needle out and try again. Two tries without results and they are out. They must get someone else.

I tell them up front if they feel the least bit uncomfortable playing by my rules they should get someone else right away.

It works for me, and I haven't had a bad poke yet. Scared a few off, but
somehow someone in the lab manages to get the job done right on the first poke.

Keep drinking that water because it really could contribute to their difficulty with your veins, but remember your still in control so speak up if your treated rudely.