Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DR. Z. Are you familiar with ART (Active Release Techniques)

Posted by Shane on 8/01/02 at 15:17 (091292)

Dr. Z.

Do you or anybody else recommend ART post-ESWT? I am going on 12 weeks now and I am much improved, but still am not 100%. I am waiting a few more weeks per your recommendation before making another ESWT appt. I was thinking of adding active release techniques to the healing process? Do you think that this can also break up the scar tissue? I've read a little on the search, but was wondering if anyone on this board has had both ESWT and ART? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

Re: DR. Z. Are you familiar with ART (Active Release Techniques)

Pamela S on 8/01/02 at 18:11 (091327)

I had ART. I have not had ESWT (and I don't need to - I'm pain free!).
I felt the ART was helpful. However, it is quite painful when administered. I only had a couple of ART treatments because I had been executing hard massage to break up my own PF lumpy tissue, and he did not find too many spots left. I would do it between ESWT treatments. It is quite effective at breaking up the scar tissue.

Elizabeth Gbur on 8/01/02 at 18:49 (091331)

What is ART? Where and how is it done? Does the insurance pay for it?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/03/02 at 15:22 (091490)

ART has been helpful to some patients on this board. I would recommendation deep massage to the plantar fascia at the inserion.

john h on 8/04/02 at 16:58 (091564)

I have not had ART but I had a couple of very bad experiences with vigorous massage of the feet.

john h on 8/04/02 at 17:01 (091565)

Dr Z if you are going to try ART would you not also recommed that your foot not be in a painful tender condition? I must have doubled my pain when I had a foot guru take me to all the pain I could handle. It took me over a month to get back to my previous state.

Pamela S on 8/01/02 at 18:11 (091327)

I had ART. I have not had ESWT (and I don't need to - I'm pain free!).
I felt the ART was helpful. However, it is quite painful when administered. I only had a couple of ART treatments because I had been executing hard massage to break up my own PF lumpy tissue, and he did not find too many spots left. I would do it between ESWT treatments. It is quite effective at breaking up the scar tissue.

Elizabeth Gbur on 8/01/02 at 18:49 (091331)

What is ART? Where and how is it done? Does the insurance pay for it?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/03/02 at 15:22 (091490)

ART has been helpful to some patients on this board. I would recommendation deep massage to the plantar fascia at the inserion.

john h on 8/04/02 at 16:58 (091564)

I have not had ART but I had a couple of very bad experiences with vigorous massage of the feet.

john h on 8/04/02 at 17:01 (091565)

Dr Z if you are going to try ART would you not also recommed that your foot not be in a painful tender condition? I must have doubled my pain when I had a foot guru take me to all the pain I could handle. It took me over a month to get back to my previous state.