Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Baxter's Opinion - Nerve Entrapment

Posted by DJ on 8/01/02 at 16:37 (091307)

I just returned from Houston Tuesday from a visit with the well-known Dr. Don Baxter. Dr. Baxter's former patients include Carl Lewis, Leroy Burrell, Picabo Street and many other professional athletes. He diagnosed me with a condition called Jogger's Foot. Jogger's foot is an entrapment of the medial plantar nerve at the knot of Henry. This is a midfoot injury that according to Baxter happens a lot in runners. Runners with high arches are especially vulnerable to this entrapment.

Like Brian who visited Baxter six or seven months ago, I have elected to hold off on surgery for now, but I am about 95% sure I will make the appointment soon. Although Baxter was very confident that 'Jogger's Foot' was what I have, I'm alittle apprehensive since some of my symptoms are not as consistent as the test cases described in his articles that I've read. I was very pleased with Dr. Baxter, he was very nice and very knowledgable. I know sometimes the big name doctors are very busy and not quite as personable,
but I would recommend Baxter to anyone suffering from a chronic injury that has left many doctors puzzled. First, ya gotta try those Dr. Kiper orthotics though. just kidding.

Re: Dr. Baxter's Opinion - Nerve Entrapment

EKC on 8/02/02 at 07:23 (091374)

Forgive me, what are/were your symptoms? Previous diagnosis by
podiatrists? What is the difference between your entrapment
and Tarsal Tunnel?

Lara T on 8/02/02 at 08:00 (091383)

As someone who had her first symptoms while jogging one hour/day (many years ago in grad school), which then disappeared (when I quit jogging) for a couple of decades, and returned when I started running/tennis again, I'm interested in knowing more about Knot of Henry. What are the symptoms that distinguish it? Is it separate from TTS, or simply one form of TTS? What is the prognosis with different treatments? Thanks for any help you can give.

DJ on 8/05/02 at 12:41 (091633)

Unfortunately, this article isn't available anywhere online that I can find. I'll have to scan it in and create a PDF. I'll notify the board when I get this done in case anyone wants me to email them the article

EKC on 8/02/02 at 07:23 (091374)

Forgive me, what are/were your symptoms? Previous diagnosis by
podiatrists? What is the difference between your entrapment
and Tarsal Tunnel?

Lara T on 8/02/02 at 08:00 (091383)

As someone who had her first symptoms while jogging one hour/day (many years ago in grad school), which then disappeared (when I quit jogging) for a couple of decades, and returned when I started running/tennis again, I'm interested in knowing more about Knot of Henry. What are the symptoms that distinguish it? Is it separate from TTS, or simply one form of TTS? What is the prognosis with different treatments? Thanks for any help you can give.

DJ on 8/05/02 at 12:41 (091633)

Unfortunately, this article isn't available anywhere online that I can find. I'll have to scan it in and create a PDF. I'll notify the board when I get this done in case anyone wants me to email them the article