Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in outside side of right foot

Posted by Jobo on 8/02/02 at 11:03 (091412)

I have developed a pain on the outside of my right foot below my ankle bone. It is right on the side. It is not my heel but the side of my foot towards the back. It started one day on my long run of 7 miles I had a mile to go and I got this pain to the point that I could not run any more. Any ideas on what I have and what I should do to treat it?

Thanks....

Re: Pain in outside side of right foot

Roddy W on 8/03/02 at 02:43 (091466)

Dear Jobo, I get this, it is like being shot in the foot and burns. Think mine is due to a Haglunds deformity.

pat mc on 8/03/02 at 16:10 (091495)

i have the same problem right foot side of my heel but the hel hurts bad when i get up in the morning really all the time.i have put ice , heat, and pain rub. thats does not help the ice is ok. cant sleep i put it up in the high on a few pillows, and sems like that helps while i am sitting. and sleeping.i am not over weight i dont stand on my feet very much i am a house wife . i have it about every 6 months and it last about 3 months. i wish i knew what to do about it because it really hurts bad.

Roddy W on 8/03/02 at 02:43 (091466)

Dear Jobo, I get this, it is like being shot in the foot and burns. Think mine is due to a Haglunds deformity.

pat mc on 8/03/02 at 16:10 (091495)

i have the same problem right foot side of my heel but the hel hurts bad when i get up in the morning really all the time.i have put ice , heat, and pain rub. thats does not help the ice is ok. cant sleep i put it up in the high on a few pillows, and sems like that helps while i am sitting. and sleeping.i am not over weight i dont stand on my feet very much i am a house wife . i have it about every 6 months and it last about 3 months. i wish i knew what to do about it because it really hurts bad.