Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortisone & my vacation... An update...

Posted by CatherineL on 8/04/02 at 14:03 (091551)

An update...

2nd Cortisone the week of July 16th. Extremely painful the next morning putting me on crutches for 3 days after... completely unable to put any pressure on my right foot. At that point I was glad I was too sucky to get a shot in the left foot at the same appt. :oP

Back from 12days holidays in the Alberta Rockies. 3 days at West Edmonton Mall, 3 days in Jasper, 3 days in Banff + the trip there and back. Beautiful province you live in Wendy!

I took my fibro & PF meds religiously - 2 flexril, 2 amitiptaline, 1 vioxx/day. Taped one day. I was able to walk, hike and shop!!! WOW!!!

My first cortisone shot last year only lasted about 3 weeks, so this week I'm crossing my fingers and toes hoping the relief lasts.

Catherine

Re: Cortisone & my vacation... An update...

Kathy G on 8/05/02 at 16:56 (091660)

Congratulations, Catherine! I'm glad you had a good vacation and your feet were cooperative! Hope the recovery continues.

It was good to hear from you!

Re: That's great, Catherine!

Sharon W on 8/07/02 at 12:15 (091851)

I'm so glad you seem to have at least gotten some medium-term (if not long-term) relief from the cortisone shot. I was very happy with the results of my cortisone injections into the tarsal tunnel; they did provide relief for several weeks, even though it wasn't PERMANENT.

If I remember correctly, you were seeing a rheumatologist at one point. Have you given up on that avenue of investigation? I think you said you were taking an antibiotic that he prescribed for you, but you had some bad side effects from it -- is that right, or do I misremember?

Sharon

Re: Cortisone & my vacation... An update...

Kathy G on 8/05/02 at 16:56 (091660)

Congratulations, Catherine! I'm glad you had a good vacation and your feet were cooperative! Hope the recovery continues.

It was good to hear from you!

Re: That's great, Catherine!

Sharon W on 8/07/02 at 12:15 (091851)

I'm so glad you seem to have at least gotten some medium-term (if not long-term) relief from the cortisone shot. I was very happy with the results of my cortisone injections into the tarsal tunnel; they did provide relief for several weeks, even though it wasn't PERMANENT.

If I remember correctly, you were seeing a rheumatologist at one point. Have you given up on that avenue of investigation? I think you said you were taking an antibiotic that he prescribed for you, but you had some bad side effects from it -- is that right, or do I misremember?

Sharon