Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur Maybe?

Posted by Dale H on 8/04/02 at 19:10 (091571)

Hi,
I've had a lot of pain located just before the heal region almost to the inside, that is intense. About three months ago I noticed a burning sensation there..gradually over the months the pain increased to become debilitating at times. I started exercising a couple of weeks ago..no running..or anything bouncing. A lot of stretching and yoga. This pain continues to increase with time. I've tried heat, ice, soaking, massage and keeping off of it for a couple of days. Nothing makes any difference in the pain. The area mentioned is very painful to the touch but doesn't appear to have any injury. I always wear athletic shoes and have never had this problem before. I've mentioned this twice to a general practitioner who doesn't even look at my foot. Considering another doctor. Does this sound like a bone spur? Thanks

Re: Heel Spur Maybe?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 8/06/02 at 12:02 (091742)

Hi Dale:

It sounds a nerve entrapement or neuritis. Do you get shoting or very sharp or burning type pain?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Dale H on 8/06/02 at 17:55 (091774)

Hi,
There is a burning pain most of the time. A throbbing pain that turns into a sharp pain if I press on the spot or if I walk on it.

paula on 8/06/02 at 21:40 (091791)

What is the treatment for nerve entrapment???

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 8/06/02 at 12:02 (091742)

Hi Dale:

It sounds a nerve entrapement or neuritis. Do you get shoting or very sharp or burning type pain?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Dale H on 8/06/02 at 17:55 (091774)

Hi,
There is a burning pain most of the time. A throbbing pain that turns into a sharp pain if I press on the spot or if I walk on it.

paula on 8/06/02 at 21:40 (091791)

What is the treatment for nerve entrapment???