Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What are the helpful shoes for PF? Name them here with your reviews of them

Posted by Shaira on 8/04/02 at 23:38 (091593)

My preferences for shoes currently:

New Balance - I've had them for a 2 months and though they are going a bit flat I still really like them. I also got a bigger size and that's helpful since my feet expand a lot. I got a men's size, since I have wide feet these are even more wide and accomodating.

Merrells - I got the women's one, and I had them stretch and stretch it. It seemed they lasted longer than the NB ones, but I can't tell since I can't afford another pair. Next time I'm getting a 1/2 size larger than usual since my feet swell up so badly while walking. Very comfortable and worth it though.

Masseur Sandals - these last forever and you can buy *inserts* (I haven't tried their inserts), but these are my favorite shoes. I only wear them in the house though. They feel wonderful on all the *hurt* places on my feet. My only regret is that I don't wear them to work (yet)...but I might start doing it.

Re: (answering on the inserts/orthotics/shoes board)

Carole C in NOLA on 8/05/02 at 08:36 (091610)

Shaira, I'm going to answer your post over on the Inserts/Orthotics/Shoes message board since it is about shoes. See you over there!

Carole C

Re: What are the helpful shoes for PF? Name them here with your reviews of them

Necee on 8/05/02 at 21:15 (091695)

You should go read the inserts/shoes message board, there you will find some helpful ideas and suggestions.

To answer your question....I found that wearing Birkenstock shoes has helped me more than anything, they are rather expensive, but well worth the money.

I hope that you find shoes that work best for you.

Happy trails...

Necee

Pauline on 8/06/02 at 10:14 (091732)

Shaira,
I'm curious about the Massuer Sandals you mention. I've never seen a pair and when I tried a search for them, I found many articles from schools banning their students wear them.

Do you have a web site? I'd like to see what they are banning. Sounds perhaps like it might be another over reaction by administrators. They claim students can be injured by wearing them. Sounds like you feel safe enough in them.

Re: Masseur Sandals

Shaira on 8/06/02 at 11:39 (091740)

I tried to get to the website that has the Masseur Sandals the cheapest (I bought them for $30, and that included s/h, everything), but the url seems not to be working at the moment.

The place does have a phone # and fax.

InterNatural
P.O. Box 489
Twin Lakes, WI, 53181
Phone: (262)889-8581, Fax: (262)889-8591

the url (currently not working) was http://www.internatural.com/menu.cfm

I searched for them and saw what you were saying about the fact that they are banned! However, I don't think it's a good idea, although if a foot isn't used to the massage parts it would most likely hurt their feet. One of the things is that a foot needs to get used to how it feels, (my foot definitely is used to it). These sandals have a wonderful high raised arch in it...the whole sandal has the massage bumps on it!

There's other places that sell it, but that place was the cheapest. I suspect they still are selling it....so you might want to fax them.

I *love* these shoes btw!!!

Valerie S on 8/07/02 at 06:37 (091816)

Hi.

I tried using this link and found the sandals:

http://www.internatural.com

From the main page, search for sandals in the upper left-hand corner and get a whole page of links to the various sizes and a picture of the sandal.

Glad you like them. They look uncomfortable to me, but if they provide relief for you, they are fabulous!

Val.

Re: Wow, thank you for the link and they're on sale right now!

Shaira on 8/07/02 at 11:03 (091836)

I got another link here:

http://www.internatural.com/SCAT/MASEURFOOTWAREMASEUR_5051.cfm

They're now on sale there. This was the cheapest place on the web for them before their sale, so now they're even cheaper!

Thanks for the link. Yes I do recommend them for those that might like that. The arch is high and it feels so wonderful on. I am thinking of buying another pair...just to have at work :)

Shaira on 8/07/02 at 12:34 (091852)

I've got another link here:

They're now on sale there. This was the cheapest place on the web for them before their sale, so now they're even cheaper!

Thanks for the link. Yes I do recommend them for those that might like that. The arch is high and it feels so wonderful on. I am thinking of buying another pair...just to have at work :)

Pauline on 8/07/02 at 13:55 (091860)

Well the don't look so dangerous to me but then again I go to shooting ranges.

Re: (answering on the inserts/orthotics/shoes board)

Carole C in NOLA on 8/05/02 at 08:36 (091610)

Shaira, I'm going to answer your post over on the Inserts/Orthotics/Shoes message board since it is about shoes. See you over there!

Carole C

Necee on 8/05/02 at 21:15 (091695)

You should go read the inserts/shoes message board, there you will find some helpful ideas and suggestions.

To answer your question....I found that wearing Birkenstock shoes has helped me more than anything, they are rather expensive, but well worth the money.

I hope that you find shoes that work best for you.

Happy trails...

Necee

Pauline on 8/06/02 at 10:14 (091732)

Shaira,
I'm curious about the Massuer Sandals you mention. I've never seen a pair and when I tried a search for them, I found many articles from schools banning their students wear them.

Do you have a web site? I'd like to see what they are banning. Sounds perhaps like it might be another over reaction by administrators. They claim students can be injured by wearing them. Sounds like you feel safe enough in them.

Shaira on 8/06/02 at 11:39 (091740)

I tried to get to the website that has the Masseur Sandals the cheapest (I bought them for $30, and that included s/h, everything), but the url seems not to be working at the moment.

The place does have a phone # and fax.

InterNatural
P.O. Box 489
Twin Lakes, WI, 53181
Phone: (262)889-8581, Fax: (262)889-8591

the url (currently not working) was http://www.internatural.com/menu.cfm

I searched for them and saw what you were saying about the fact that they are banned! However, I don't think it's a good idea, although if a foot isn't used to the massage parts it would most likely hurt their feet. One of the things is that a foot needs to get used to how it feels, (my foot definitely is used to it). These sandals have a wonderful high raised arch in it...the whole sandal has the massage bumps on it!

There's other places that sell it, but that place was the cheapest. I suspect they still are selling it....so you might want to fax them.

I *love* these shoes btw!!!

Valerie S on 8/07/02 at 06:37 (091816)

Hi.

I tried using this link and found the sandals:

http://www.internatural.com

From the main page, search for sandals in the upper left-hand corner and get a whole page of links to the various sizes and a picture of the sandal.

Glad you like them. They look uncomfortable to me, but if they provide relief for you, they are fabulous!

Val.

Shaira on 8/07/02 at 11:03 (091836)

I got another link here:

Shaira on 8/07/02 at 12:34 (091852)

I've got another link here:

Pauline on 8/07/02 at 13:55 (091860)

Well the don't look so dangerous to me but then again I go to shooting ranges.