Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossotron Approval for PF by FDA

Posted by JocelynA on 8/05/02 at 14:35 (091649)

Aetna denied coverage for Ossotron to treat PF. They said this technology is still experimental. My left foot is at 90% cured after conservative treatment (physical therapy, icing, etc). But my right foot is so stubborn and I've been in pain for the last 20 months.

Where can I get more information (i.e., journals, articles) or even how can I get written letter from the FDA that Ossotron is approved for treating PF???

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thx much!!

Re: Ossotron Approval for PF by FDA

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/05/02 at 16:00 (091657)

Aetna usually doen't pay for ESWT . Contact healthronics and the FDA for the FDA approval number.

BrianG on 8/05/02 at 20:58 (091688)

Jocelyn,

Can you appeal the denial? If so, go for it. I believe Aetna will approve an EPF surgery, as well as an open surgery. Ask them if they are aware that the EPF is falling out of favor with many doctors. They are finding it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's causing nerve damage, as well as having a lower healing percentage than the ESWT. Time to turn up the heat!!!

Good luck
BrianG, not a doc

JoyA on 8/19/02 at 02:39 (092873)

I am sure I can. I will give Aetna a call this week. thanks for your note.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/05/02 at 16:00 (091657)

Aetna usually doen't pay for ESWT . Contact healthronics and the FDA for the FDA approval number.

BrianG on 8/05/02 at 20:58 (091688)

Jocelyn,

Can you appeal the denial? If so, go for it. I believe Aetna will approve an EPF surgery, as well as an open surgery. Ask them if they are aware that the EPF is falling out of favor with many doctors. They are finding it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's causing nerve damage, as well as having a lower healing percentage than the ESWT. Time to turn up the heat!!!

Good luck
BrianG, not a doc

JoyA on 8/19/02 at 02:39 (092873)

I am sure I can. I will give Aetna a call this week. thanks for your note.