Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Joe

Posted by Pauline on 8/06/02 at 08:39 (091726)

Dr. Joe,
It's obvious from your postings that you work with a fairly large Orthopedic practice. Is your group using ESWT? Did they purchase the Dornier machine?

Re: To Dr. Joe

Joe S on 8/07/02 at 21:54 (091903)

We have 5 orthopods in the group. We do not have the Dornier Machine. I like it because it is office based. That means less cost for the individual I assume. I am certified by Ossatron. The only problem is getting the procedure approved. We let Healthtronics do the work for us. We've actually been more successful in getting approval for our patients than they have. We have about a 33% precert rate. I think that is pretty good. Before, we never got one patient approved through healthtronics. We are kind of interested in the Sonocur device. We'll see though.

Pauline on 8/07/02 at 23:02 (091909)

Ossatron may find itself a dinosaur sooner than expected. The surroundings and the way it must be delivered reminds me of an older open abdominal surgery which is being replaced by a newer laprascopic one.

Why chance a general anesthesia when a local one with a new machine will do the same thing and maybe better.

I think your smart to consider the Sonocur. A smart patient would opt out of a general anesthesia given the chance. I know I would.

Since your group has Ortho's they will be able to use the Sonocur elsewhere on the body. Almost coverage from head to toe.

Joe S on 8/08/02 at 00:07 (091911)

You're right.

Joe S on 8/07/02 at 21:54 (091903)

We have 5 orthopods in the group. We do not have the Dornier Machine. I like it because it is office based. That means less cost for the individual I assume. I am certified by Ossatron. The only problem is getting the procedure approved. We let Healthtronics do the work for us. We've actually been more successful in getting approval for our patients than they have. We have about a 33% precert rate. I think that is pretty good. Before, we never got one patient approved through healthtronics. We are kind of interested in the Sonocur device. We'll see though.

Pauline on 8/07/02 at 23:02 (091909)

Ossatron may find itself a dinosaur sooner than expected. The surroundings and the way it must be delivered reminds me of an older open abdominal surgery which is being replaced by a newer laprascopic one.

Why chance a general anesthesia when a local one with a new machine will do the same thing and maybe better.

I think your smart to consider the Sonocur. A smart patient would opt out of a general anesthesia given the chance. I know I would.

Since your group has Ortho's they will be able to use the Sonocur elsewhere on the body. Almost coverage from head to toe.

Joe S on 8/08/02 at 00:07 (091911)

You're right.