Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back from Lake George

Posted by Nancy N on 8/06/02 at 13:25 (091747)

Hi everybody.... just wanted to let you know that I got back from Lake George last night. The drive back was much more pleasant than the drive up (no pesky traffic jams or torrential downpours to contend with), but I was so sad to leave. It was the most magnificent weekend I've had in a long time--possibly the best weekend ever. We went hiking up to the top of a hill with a great view over the lake, and also did a lot of boating--I was treated to a ride in a wooden boat built in 1924, as well as a newer fiberglass boat (the older one was much cooler!). We also went swimming on Sunday, and I discovered that my friend has hidden water-skiing talents.

I forgot my sunscreen and I now have some tan/burn that leaves me looking sort of like a patchwork quilt--the t-shirt tan, complete with the dark tan on the back of my neck, a pink face, and some burn just above my knees. I'm calling it the Boat Tan, since it looks like this because of the way the sun hit in the boat. I've never been around boats much before but I think that Dr. Frankenstein has made a monster out of me this weekend. I just hope I get to go back again sometime.

And Julie--I did think of you, on several occasions. It's no wonder everyone loves this place. It's just too gorgeous for words.

Re: Glad you had a nice trip, Nancy! (eom)

Suzanne D on 8/06/02 at 15:58 (091763)

Re: Back from Lake George

Julie on 8/06/02 at 16:17 (091765)

Welcome back, Nancy. It really does sound as though you had a great weekend (reading between the lines as well as reading the actual lines, if you see what I mean). I'm very glad. And thank you for thinking of me. It's more than 50 years since I spent a summer holiday at Lake George, but I've always remembered it fondly. I'm glad to hear it's still as beautiful as it was then.

Nancy N on 8/06/02 at 20:36 (091787)

Julie--

It's absolutely gorgeous. One of the people I met this weekend said that there's no place they'd rather be in August. I got my photos developed today and there are some nice ones in there, though most of the people pictures didn't turn out. There is a really good one of me, though, which I may ask Scott to put on the board in place of the older ones that are posted now. I'll look through and see which lake photos are best and send some on to you, if you like.

Julie on 8/07/02 at 02:11 (091813)

....and while I was sleeping in my bed, all unbeknownst to me, you did! Thanks, Nancy, very much. The photos are beautiful, and the one of you, with the lake behind you, is really lovely. Do have it posted here so everyone can see it.

Nancy N on 8/07/02 at 08:13 (091818)

Thanks, Julie. I've sent it to Scott, so hopefully he will replace the old ones with this one. And I'll pass on some scenery photos once I choose the best ones. I think I'm going to have Lake George as my desktop wallpaper for a while, I just have to choose which picture! :)

Re: Glad you had a nice trip, Nancy! (eom)

Suzanne D on 8/06/02 at 15:58 (091763)

Julie on 8/06/02 at 16:17 (091765)

Welcome back, Nancy. It really does sound as though you had a great weekend (reading between the lines as well as reading the actual lines, if you see what I mean). I'm very glad. And thank you for thinking of me. It's more than 50 years since I spent a summer holiday at Lake George, but I've always remembered it fondly. I'm glad to hear it's still as beautiful as it was then.

Nancy N on 8/06/02 at 20:36 (091787)

Julie--

It's absolutely gorgeous. One of the people I met this weekend said that there's no place they'd rather be in August. I got my photos developed today and there are some nice ones in there, though most of the people pictures didn't turn out. There is a really good one of me, though, which I may ask Scott to put on the board in place of the older ones that are posted now. I'll look through and see which lake photos are best and send some on to you, if you like.

Julie on 8/07/02 at 02:11 (091813)

....and while I was sleeping in my bed, all unbeknownst to me, you did! Thanks, Nancy, very much. The photos are beautiful, and the one of you, with the lake behind you, is really lovely. Do have it posted here so everyone can see it.

Nancy N on 8/07/02 at 08:13 (091818)

Thanks, Julie. I've sent it to Scott, so hopefully he will replace the old ones with this one. And I'll pass on some scenery photos once I choose the best ones. I think I'm going to have Lake George as my desktop wallpaper for a while, I just have to choose which picture! :)