Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nerve block injections for rsd and tts

Posted by sue m on 8/08/02 at 08:10 (091920)

any success with nerve block injections? how are they done for the foot?

Re: Laurie/Janet/Susie/Wendyn know about RSD

Tammie on 8/08/02 at 18:08 (092017)

I am getting them for RSD,Laurie, is to and janet and Wendyn knows alot about RSD she has it but has not had blocks of yet I dont believe?Also a Susie she is right now having it done also.

My first one I had about a 45 period of time at the hospital that my foot was pink and warm noted by the nurse and the DR. my hubby actually touched my foot which it has been over a year that he or no one else could touch without putting me in pain it was ok to touch.

Second one was done Aug 5 there was nothing not even a warm or difference in heat or pain or anything this time

Third one will be this coming monday and I have no idea what next step will be.

As for the way mine were done it is at a hospital xray room I have a IV put in and enter the xray room lie on stomache as they do whatever it is they gave me some thing called versade or something cant remember spelling. I really did not feel to much pain tho I was awake as doc askes questions and says do not jump or donot move if he says it once he tells them to give another hit of that stuff in IV lol.

Pain was minimal there but as you start moving and things start to wear off you start to feel much more I would say everyone has there own leval so it is very hard to say how much pain . I told dr. first time, you hurt me and I promise I will not be back for the second. I went back for my second and I willbe back for my 3 and that was after the last time giving them 5 times to insert my IV and that is true!! I am now warned to drink much more fluid the day before as all said I have some dehydration.They get vein and it rolls I all my life have had hard veins to get . So anyways I hope this sorta helps but can you tell us whats going on for you>Are u in pain management? This is a verry good place to be that is where i am and I know laurie is.

Re: nerve block injections for rsd and tts

Susie on 8/12/02 at 10:29 (092283)

Sue, I have had 5 snb's in the last few months. They are done in the lower lumbar of the back. I did'nt feel a thing during the proceedure and after the injections positive results ex color,temp & pain. The first few did'nt last as long as the most resent injections. The last 2 seem to be about 6-8 weeeks. This is only for the rsd not tts. Having the snb's I do not have to take meds on a daily basis only when really needed. I hope this helps and good luck to you with your condition. I really believe it is not permenant if treated proper and in the begining. Susie

Re: Laurie/Janet/Susie/Wendyn know about RSD

Tammie on 8/08/02 at 18:08 (092017)

I am getting them for RSD,Laurie, is to and janet and Wendyn knows alot about RSD she has it but has not had blocks of yet I dont believe?Also a Susie she is right now having it done also.

My first one I had about a 45 period of time at the hospital that my foot was pink and warm noted by the nurse and the DR. my hubby actually touched my foot which it has been over a year that he or no one else could touch without putting me in pain it was ok to touch.

Second one was done Aug 5 there was nothing not even a warm or difference in heat or pain or anything this time

Third one will be this coming monday and I have no idea what next step will be.

As for the way mine were done it is at a hospital xray room I have a IV put in and enter the xray room lie on stomache as they do whatever it is they gave me some thing called versade or something cant remember spelling. I really did not feel to much pain tho I was awake as doc askes questions and says do not jump or donot move if he says it once he tells them to give another hit of that stuff in IV lol.

Pain was minimal there but as you start moving and things start to wear off you start to feel much more I would say everyone has there own leval so it is very hard to say how much pain . I told dr. first time, you hurt me and I promise I will not be back for the second. I went back for my second and I willbe back for my 3 and that was after the last time giving them 5 times to insert my IV and that is true!! I am now warned to drink much more fluid the day before as all said I have some dehydration.They get vein and it rolls I all my life have had hard veins to get . So anyways I hope this sorta helps but can you tell us whats going on for you>Are u in pain management? This is a verry good place to be that is where i am and I know laurie is.

Re: nerve block injections for rsd and tts

Susie on 8/12/02 at 10:29 (092283)

Sue, I have had 5 snb's in the last few months. They are done in the lower lumbar of the back. I did'nt feel a thing during the proceedure and after the injections positive results ex color,temp & pain. The first few did'nt last as long as the most resent injections. The last 2 seem to be about 6-8 weeeks. This is only for the rsd not tts. Having the snb's I do not have to take meds on a daily basis only when really needed. I hope this helps and good luck to you with your condition. I really believe it is not permenant if treated proper and in the begining. Susie