Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acuscope

Posted by Carrie on 8/08/02 at 19:41 (092020)

I have had 4 treatments, and I don't feel any different. I have PF and since my last treatment Thursday morning, I have a numbness in the upper part of my foot.and toes. I havebeen being treated for almost 2 years and this is where we are in teatment. I have had 2 walking cast, orthodics, Lodine 2 X's a day, ice, exercise you name it. Any reason for the numbness? Thanks

Re: Acuscope

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/02 at 17:21 (092081)

Read about ESWT. Two years is too long to be in pain. IF the plantar fascia is torn ESWT is your only soluton beside foot surgery. If you would like additional information please let me know

Carrie on 8/09/02 at 22:02 (092107)

Why isn't this something my dr. would recommend? Is it anything like the acuscope? I have 3 more treatments and then they send me back to the pod. Is my foot supposed to be swollen? Why the numbness? Yes I would love more info. Thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/02 at 22:45 (092111)

This is a new procedure for most doctors. Not sure why you have numbness and swelling. Difficult to diagnosis without seeing. Sorry

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/02 at 17:21 (092081)

Read about ESWT. Two years is too long to be in pain. IF the plantar fascia is torn ESWT is your only soluton beside foot surgery. If you would like additional information please let me know

Carrie on 8/09/02 at 22:02 (092107)

Why isn't this something my dr. would recommend? Is it anything like the acuscope? I have 3 more treatments and then they send me back to the pod. Is my foot supposed to be swollen? Why the numbness? Yes I would love more info. Thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/02 at 22:45 (092111)

This is a new procedure for most doctors. Not sure why you have numbness and swelling. Difficult to diagnosis without seeing. Sorry