Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

VENTING TODAY!

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 8/08/02 at 21:37 (092030)

Hi Gang! Yes, I am venting a bit - please hang in there w/ me. I have had several (3) good weeks.....w/ riding horses, walking much, & of course, still being somewhat cautious. Well, I guess my feet met their limit. They have been 'shouting' at me for the last 2 days....& I HAD to listen. I have propped them up for a rest - & hope that they recover quickly. My morale though, was a bit shattered - as I was feeling so oooo good compared to before. I guess though, it could be much worse; this is just a little bump in the recovery road - at least that is what I am telling myself in order to get thru it again! Thanks for listening! To make matters a bit worse, though - yes, I have a weekend horse show this weekend - leaving tomorrow a.m. But, I am only taking 4 head & I've ordered a Comfort Inn w/ a jacuzzi - maybe that will ward off the pains! Thanks again - Talk to you on Monday when I am back!

Re: Setbacks

Julie on 8/09/02 at 01:16 (092040)

Rachael, you may (I said 'may') be pleasantly surprised. See how long it takes you to recover from this setback and compare it with previous ones. My experience was that once I started to heal noticeably, setbacks took less and less time to recover from. That was encouraging. I hope your experience will be similar.

Re: VENTING TODAY!

Suzanne D on 8/09/02 at 17:17 (092077)

Dear Rachael,

I sure am sorry that you are experiencing a set-back, but hang in there; like Julie said, it may be that you will find that you bounce back quicker now than you used to! I hope that is the case for you.

I hope you enjoy your horse show and the jacuzzi! Let us know how it all goes Monday.

Suzanne :-)

RACHAEL T. on 8/11/02 at 23:46 (092266)

Hi Gang! I am back from the horse show - I really should send in 1 of my horse photos taken at the horse show - on a victory pass! Yes, in the winner's circle! (-: The feet? Well, the jacuzzi must have 'soothed' them & my last week's setback was exactly as you suggested......it didn't last as long nor was it as painful as days of the past! I just get 'so nervous' when the 'bigger' pains set back in on me - I don't want that pain of last summer.....yes, compared to last summer, this summer's footpain is a major improvement! For that I am thankful! The horse show went smoothly - a few blue ribbons & some good rides from my students - teens & amateur women in their 30's & 40's........so an enjoyable, but quite tiring weekend! Tomorrow, (Mon.) the farrier is here for shoeing - I believe there are 11 horses on his schedule here tomorrow to do......& he keeps teasing me that he is going to 'fire me' a pair of shoes that are going to make me 'sound!' (-: I WISH!

Re: Setbacks

Julie on 8/09/02 at 01:16 (092040)

Rachael, you may (I said 'may') be pleasantly surprised. See how long it takes you to recover from this setback and compare it with previous ones. My experience was that once I started to heal noticeably, setbacks took less and less time to recover from. That was encouraging. I hope your experience will be similar.

Suzanne D on 8/09/02 at 17:17 (092077)

Dear Rachael,

I sure am sorry that you are experiencing a set-back, but hang in there; like Julie said, it may be that you will find that you bounce back quicker now than you used to! I hope that is the case for you.

I hope you enjoy your horse show and the jacuzzi! Let us know how it all goes Monday.

Suzanne :-)

RACHAEL T. on 8/11/02 at 23:46 (092266)

Hi Gang! I am back from the horse show - I really should send in 1 of my horse photos taken at the horse show - on a victory pass! Yes, in the winner's circle! (-: The feet? Well, the jacuzzi must have 'soothed' them & my last week's setback was exactly as you suggested......it didn't last as long nor was it as painful as days of the past! I just get 'so nervous' when the 'bigger' pains set back in on me - I don't want that pain of last summer.....yes, compared to last summer, this summer's footpain is a major improvement! For that I am thankful! The horse show went smoothly - a few blue ribbons & some good rides from my students - teens & amateur women in their 30's & 40's........so an enjoyable, but quite tiring weekend! Tomorrow, (Mon.) the farrier is here for shoeing - I believe there are 11 horses on his schedule here tomorrow to do......& he keeps teasing me that he is going to 'fire me' a pair of shoes that are going to make me 'sound!' (-: I WISH!