Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PT Release & Heel Spur Removal - 4 weeks post-op!!

Posted by Barbara G on 8/09/02 at 10:54 (092056)

Things are going well for me. My stitches came out last Thursday (3 weeks)& I started PT this past Monday. For the first time since the surgery I was able to walk without crutches on Tuesday - what a great feeling. PT is working out great. I start out for 15 minutes in the whirlpool, then do some foot stretching & then I do some weight machines to strengthen my leg followed by a brief massage & an ice boot with electric pulse on my foot. I go to PT 3x a week. Since the surgery was on my right foot I haven't driven since, I may try to drive around the block today - wish me luck!! I occassionally have pain but mostly it's a discomfort with the swelling from the surgery. One thing that did happen is my incession opened; no bleeding. I went to see the doctor because of this but he said it's fine & that was expected because of where the incession is (on the inside of my foot) & that the foot has lots of dead skin. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything stays on track.

Re: PT Release & Heel Spur Removal - 4 weeks post-op!!

trish e on 8/11/02 at 19:11 (092248)

great wish i had that type of therapy sounds great good luck to ya

Sondra B on 8/12/02 at 23:03 (092327)

Hey Barbara,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well with your progress, keep up the good work, but be careful not to over-due it. My doctor said that it was very important that I take it easy during the first few months of healing. I had both feet done at the same time, my incision open up a little on my left foot, the doctor put small strips that hold the incision together that eventually fall off, from taking a shower.

Missy B on 8/13/02 at 21:25 (092403)

Barbara,
It's good to hear that you are doing so well. Please remember not to rush your recovery - take plenty of time and rest that foot as much as possible. I hope you continue to improve - keep us posted.
Missy B.

trish e on 8/11/02 at 19:11 (092248)

great wish i had that type of therapy sounds great good luck to ya

Sondra B on 8/12/02 at 23:03 (092327)

Hey Barbara,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well with your progress, keep up the good work, but be careful not to over-due it. My doctor said that it was very important that I take it easy during the first few months of healing. I had both feet done at the same time, my incision open up a little on my left foot, the doctor put small strips that hold the incision together that eventually fall off, from taking a shower.

Missy B on 8/13/02 at 21:25 (092403)

Barbara,
It's good to hear that you are doing so well. Please remember not to rush your recovery - take plenty of time and rest that foot as much as possible. I hope you continue to improve - keep us posted.
Missy B.