Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot trainers

Posted by Pete on 8/11/02 at 16:15 (092232)

Has anyone had success with the above ?

Re: Foot trainers

Pamela S on 8/12/02 at 14:38 (092297)

I would definitely suggest using them morning and evening (morning before getting out of bed, evening before going to bed). You'll discover muscles you didn't even know you had! I had a major improvement from these. I'm all better now.

Julie on 8/13/02 at 01:48 (092329)

I think they're very good, Pete. I found them helpful, and have a pair that I no longer use and would like to pass on to someone. I know you live in England, so if you're interested please email me. juliefried @ clara.co.uk (ignore the spaces before and after the @)

Have you looked at Mike Wilmot's website? He explains clearly why most of the generally recommended stretches for PF are counterproductive, and the principles on which the Foot Trainer works.

Re: Julie

Pete R on 8/13/02 at 03:36 (092333)

I ordered and received mine some while ago and used them regularly for 10 days but found they seemed to irritate my foot even more so I stopped. Since then I think my foot has become a little more flexible with regular stretching, including your own, so I'm prepared to give the FT's another go. I did read the web site which in theory make sense, but I've become a little cynical with all the different 'advice' I've had. Also one of my FT exercise instructions were wrong which did put me off a little although in fairness Mike Wilmot did respond to my queries very quickly by e mail. I'll give them another go, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Re: Pete

Julie on 8/13/02 at 09:23 (092349)

Yes, it's easy to get confused with the welter of information and misinformation. Don't get cynical, though!

I didn't realise you had the foot trainers. I think the best thing about them is that they strengthen muscles. I'm sure it would be worth giving them another try.

Pamela S on 8/12/02 at 14:38 (092297)

I would definitely suggest using them morning and evening (morning before getting out of bed, evening before going to bed). You'll discover muscles you didn't even know you had! I had a major improvement from these. I'm all better now.

Julie on 8/13/02 at 01:48 (092329)

I think they're very good, Pete. I found them helpful, and have a pair that I no longer use and would like to pass on to someone. I know you live in England, so if you're interested please email me. juliefried @ clara.co.uk (ignore the spaces before and after the @)

Have you looked at Mike Wilmot's website? He explains clearly why most of the generally recommended stretches for PF are counterproductive, and the principles on which the Foot Trainer works.

Re: Julie

Pete R on 8/13/02 at 03:36 (092333)

I ordered and received mine some while ago and used them regularly for 10 days but found they seemed to irritate my foot even more so I stopped. Since then I think my foot has become a little more flexible with regular stretching, including your own, so I'm prepared to give the FT's another go. I did read the web site which in theory make sense, but I've become a little cynical with all the different 'advice' I've had. Also one of my FT exercise instructions were wrong which did put me off a little although in fairness Mike Wilmot did respond to my queries very quickly by e mail. I'll give them another go, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Re: Pete

Julie on 8/13/02 at 09:23 (092349)

Yes, it's easy to get confused with the welter of information and misinformation. Don't get cynical, though!

I didn't realise you had the foot trainers. I think the best thing about them is that they strengthen muscles. I'm sure it would be worth giving them another try.