Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SDO's by Dr. Kiper

Posted by F.H. on 8/12/02 at 10:34 (092285)

I am wearing the SDO's by Dr. Kiper...have had them since last Weds. I was referred to his site to try them by a friend not from this board or his board.
I filled out the questionaire on his site and within a few hours he called me and spoke with me for well over 15 minutes about what to expect IF I decided to try them (at that point I had not decided to try them yet as I have spent a lot of money on custom orthotics and OTC orthotics as well as shoes and ESWT). Although I had not made a committment to try them he spoke with me honestly and openly and on his bill.
I decided to order them that night and within 3 days had the mold box in the mail. I have been wearing them for almost a week and a few very noticeable things have happenend.
1. The prickly feeling I had in the morning when walking the dog is gone almost 100%
2. There are muscles in my feet that are 'sore' that haven't been since I got PF. The same kind of sore that you get after working out a muscle after a long period of rest. This is a good sore to me...it tells me the muscles are trying to do their job again.
3. The support very obviously flows under the foot to where you need it most when walking...you can feel it.

I am a silent reader of this board but after reading your skeptical posts in regards to the SDO product I wanted to post my experience so far in case it helps someone to over come the pessimism.

Dr. Kiper has called me FIVE times to check in with me sine I expressed interest, his email responses are FAST and he has given me more care and concern than any doc or Pod that I have seen personally so far.
Good luck to all.

Re: SDO's by Dr. Kiper-AMEN

Mahatmelissama on 8/12/02 at 10:48 (092287)

I started wearing his SDOs on 7/31/02 and so far am feeling similar things...more soreness in some muscles and less in my arch and big toe area of feet.

I stood outside for 15 minutes standing one night when my 9 year old niece/goddaughter decided to go bike riding at night with next door neighbor girlfriend. In my worrying about watching her...I just kept standing forgetting I had foot problems. Well, after that...feet were fine but I got sore hip. Hip also could be sore from working out with free weights, massuese or chiropractor...so I dunno but I swear it was standing outside and losing track of time.

It is so slow for me...it is hard to tell but I think it is happening...

Anyway, I think they are getting to be really comfortable. I still have fear to stand in Trader Joes or some other line...but I was able to make it through a long weigh in line at Weight Wacthers on Saturday...stood in line for over 15 minutes.

You know I am 'real' with you, so I hope this helps people to get a fair assessment.

Peace love joy and healing,

Melissa

Re: SDO's by Dr. Kiper

Pauline on 8/12/02 at 21:07 (092319)

Thanks for your post. It's good to know others have also benefited from
his product. I think this is one of the things other posters were asking about. Glad you came forward.

RACHAEL T. on 8/13/02 at 22:20 (092414)

Would either of you who ordered & are wearing the SDO's by Dr. Kiper please advise me on their comfort & useability, etc ASAP - as I am considering whether to order them or not. Of course, I am skeptical - as I've so many different things in my box of inserts & foot 'stuff'!!!! Please let me know what your opinion is on this orthotic. Thank you!

F.H. on 8/14/02 at 08:03 (092425)

I think my post tells you a little about what I think of the SDO's. So far comfortable....keep in mind that this is a 6 month trial. You need to let Dr. Kiper work with you on this for the allotted amount of time.

Mahatmelissama on 8/14/02 at 13:49 (092473)

I am on my 2nd week of wearing these (started 07/31/02). I am a pretty chronic case, my feet tons to even stand in line at a grocery store.
At first, I found them uncomfortable. For some reason, my feet adjusted totally after about 3 days or so and they became very comfortable. Dr. Kiper wants to send me an adjustment already and I will report in on that.

First Negatives...
1) I have pain in my hip and back which I did not before
2) I want more fluid in them (which Dr. Kiper is going to hopefully do soon in the new ones he is having made for me)
3) I still can not stand in a grocery line for fear of foot cramp

Positives:
1) I find myself sometimes standing longer periods without thinking about it when I am relaxed
2) I have no more pain in my feet while sitting
3) Pain has dimished upon waking up (albeit still there)
4) Pain has dimished laying in bed (I had pain in feet even laying down sometimes, a sort of soreness)
5) I like the way they feel when I walk (like a very gentle massage)
6) My chiropractor (unrelated to Dr. Kiper) approves very much of these...and encourages me to keep wearing them
7) Dr. Kiper has patiently answered my questions and given me lots of information over the phone. He has spent more time analysizing me (albeit by phone) than all my other foot doctors put together. He is a gem, a real mensch (sorry to get gushy...but hard not to about such a devoted pod when I have experienced such apathy from from some pods).
8) I have the comfort of knowing I get my 326 bucks back (this is minus the 20 bucks for shipping and handling) in 6 months from July 2002 if I say 'to heck with these...give me back my money Doc!' NOT ONE of my other pods (or peds for that matter) has been willing to give me such a good deal.

Good luck to you. I encourage you to at least talk to Dr. Kiper, he is not pushy and he is very informative about foot pain.

Re: pain in hip and back is diminishing and may come from shifting in my standing...(EOM)

Mahatmelissama on 8/14/02 at 13:50 (092474)

F.H. on 8/14/02 at 14:01 (092476)

ditto on the kind words about Dr. Kiper!!!!!!!

Pauline on 8/16/02 at 09:44 (092660)

Thanks for your up date and both positive and negative feed back. I think its very valuable information for those that might be sitting on the fence.

The fact that you can get your money back, no questions asked, certainly is an ideal situation for someone considering this product.

Re: SDO's by Dr. Kiper-AMEN

Mahatmelissama on 8/12/02 at 10:48 (092287)

I started wearing his SDOs on 7/31/02 and so far am feeling similar things...more soreness in some muscles and less in my arch and big toe area of feet.

I stood outside for 15 minutes standing one night when my 9 year old niece/goddaughter decided to go bike riding at night with next door neighbor girlfriend. In my worrying about watching her...I just kept standing forgetting I had foot problems. Well, after that...feet were fine but I got sore hip. Hip also could be sore from working out with free weights, massuese or chiropractor...so I dunno but I swear it was standing outside and losing track of time.

It is so slow for me...it is hard to tell but I think it is happening...

Anyway, I think they are getting to be really comfortable. I still have fear to stand in Trader Joes or some other line...but I was able to make it through a long weigh in line at Weight Wacthers on Saturday...stood in line for over 15 minutes.

You know I am 'real' with you, so I hope this helps people to get a fair assessment.

Peace love joy and healing,

Melissa

Pauline on 8/12/02 at 21:07 (092319)

Thanks for your post. It's good to know others have also benefited from
his product. I think this is one of the things other posters were asking about. Glad you came forward.

RACHAEL T. on 8/13/02 at 22:20 (092414)

Would either of you who ordered & are wearing the SDO's by Dr. Kiper please advise me on their comfort & useability, etc ASAP - as I am considering whether to order them or not. Of course, I am skeptical - as I've so many different things in my box of inserts & foot 'stuff'!!!! Please let me know what your opinion is on this orthotic. Thank you!

F.H. on 8/14/02 at 08:03 (092425)

I think my post tells you a little about what I think of the SDO's. So far comfortable....keep in mind that this is a 6 month trial. You need to let Dr. Kiper work with you on this for the allotted amount of time.

Mahatmelissama on 8/14/02 at 13:49 (092473)

I am on my 2nd week of wearing these (started 07/31/02). I am a pretty chronic case, my feet tons to even stand in line at a grocery store.
At first, I found them uncomfortable. For some reason, my feet adjusted totally after about 3 days or so and they became very comfortable. Dr. Kiper wants to send me an adjustment already and I will report in on that.

First Negatives...
1) I have pain in my hip and back which I did not before
2) I want more fluid in them (which Dr. Kiper is going to hopefully do soon in the new ones he is having made for me)
3) I still can not stand in a grocery line for fear of foot cramp

Positives:
1) I find myself sometimes standing longer periods without thinking about it when I am relaxed
2) I have no more pain in my feet while sitting
3) Pain has dimished upon waking up (albeit still there)
4) Pain has dimished laying in bed (I had pain in feet even laying down sometimes, a sort of soreness)
5) I like the way they feel when I walk (like a very gentle massage)
6) My chiropractor (unrelated to Dr. Kiper) approves very much of these...and encourages me to keep wearing them
7) Dr. Kiper has patiently answered my questions and given me lots of information over the phone. He has spent more time analysizing me (albeit by phone) than all my other foot doctors put together. He is a gem, a real mensch (sorry to get gushy...but hard not to about such a devoted pod when I have experienced such apathy from from some pods).
8) I have the comfort of knowing I get my 326 bucks back (this is minus the 20 bucks for shipping and handling) in 6 months from July 2002 if I say 'to heck with these...give me back my money Doc!' NOT ONE of my other pods (or peds for that matter) has been willing to give me such a good deal.

Good luck to you. I encourage you to at least talk to Dr. Kiper, he is not pushy and he is very informative about foot pain.

Re: pain in hip and back is diminishing and may come from shifting in my standing...(EOM)

Mahatmelissama on 8/14/02 at 13:50 (092474)

F.H. on 8/14/02 at 14:01 (092476)

ditto on the kind words about Dr. Kiper!!!!!!!

Pauline on 8/16/02 at 09:44 (092660)

Thanks for your up date and both positive and negative feed back. I think its very valuable information for those that might be sitting on the fence.

The fact that you can get your money back, no questions asked, certainly is an ideal situation for someone considering this product.