Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new Necee pic

Posted by Scott R on 8/15/02 at 07:00 (092531)

Re: Necee

elliott on 8/15/02 at 10:19 (092555)

Great pic! Nancy N too! Powerful, both.

Necee, I've been wondering ever since I found this site how to pronounce your name. My guess is Ni-SAY (like Renee), but there are other possiblities, e.g Nessie (Loch Ness Monster :-)), or that the 'c' is Slovakian like 'ts'. Could you please clarify? Thanks.

---

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/02 at 12:29 (092561)

Elliott, I've been thinking it was 'Knee-See'. Now, who knows?

Necee, what a nice photo. :)

Carole C

Nancy N on 8/15/02 at 12:51 (092566)

I have figured the same as you, Carole, since Necee is derived from Denise. I'm sure she'll let us know if we're wrong, though :)

Re: To: Elliot Re: Necee

Necee on 8/15/02 at 13:52 (092572)

Hey there Elliot,
Actually Necee is my nickname, its pronounced, Ne as in 'knee', cee as in 'see', so Carole, you and Nancy were right!! My given name is Denise, everyone in my family calls me Necee, others call me Ellemae, like on the Beverly Hillbillys because of my love of animals, being raised on a farm gave me plenty of opportunitys to raise 'critters'.
This good lookin fella with me is my hubby of 21 yrs. I'm proud to say that since this picture was taken he has lost 25 lbs! And yes, my long hair which is below my waist, was put up into a french twist, I was serving cake at a cousins wedding and thought I better not let it get in the way!!

Happy trails to you....

Necee

Re: so it's "knee see", huh?

elliott on 8/15/02 at 14:59 (092581)

I, uh, don't know what to say. You've just shattered my long-held lofty misconception that it was pronounced Ni-SAY, which would be so beautiful, so sophisticated, so very French like that French twist, that I, with the boring commoner's name Elliott (can we make that Elloitte? :-)), didn't feel worthy in your presence, and had to try to be on my best manners with you at all times. Ellemae? Beverly Hillbillys? Gulp! Well, that's nice too, but I, um, well, sob,...

---

Julie on 8/15/02 at 15:58 (092586)

I think Carole is right. Knee-See (Necee) is short for Denise, the name she began posting under many moons ago.

Necee on 8/15/02 at 16:01 (092587)

Gee Elliot! You don't like KneeSee?! I'm shattered! And yes, you must realize that being from Texas, Ellemae fits me to a tee. The name Ni-SAY does sound sophisticated, probably too fancy for this old country gal.

Happy trails to you...

Necee

Re: To: Julie....Re: Necee

Necee on 8/15/02 at 16:03 (092588)

You have a great memory Julie!!!

Happy trails to you....

Necee

Julie on 8/15/02 at 16:24 (092590)

Aw shucks, Necee - you caught me! I posted my contribution before I'd read the others by folks who remembered that you were Denise originally, and when I saw them I went back to my email box to delete it, because it seemed redundant.

Now nobody will know what you're talking about.

It will be our secret.

Re: hey, seriously, country gals are swell

elliott on 8/15/02 at 16:36 (092592)

In fact I've been corresponding regularly with one I met here a long time ago. We've never ever had a spat, which is more than I can say about me and my sig other. :-)

You know, come to think about it, Ni-SAY is kinda snobby, isn't it. :-)

---

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/02 at 16:43 (092594)

Ni-SAY does sound kind of pretentious. But just try saying Knee-see without a big, happy smile on your face. Necee's a happy name. :)

Carole C

nancy s. on 8/15/02 at 17:53 (092604)

necee IS a happy name -- splendid and happy. i wish one of my siblings had been unable to pronounce my name when we were little and i could have ended up a 'necee,' for different reasons from our necee here.

Re: new Necee pic

Tammie on 8/15/02 at 19:40 (092615)

Necee I recieved this pic also isnt it beautiful? You are a loving happy couple your body language is saying we care we are happy together. Our life is full of Love and happiness. I will be there when you need me kinda friend like now Necee , You are the best! And Mr. Necee is pretty good looking also !I hope he always has that glow in his eyes for you! Necee You know I think of you and when I see your name I know it is a bit of sunshine !

Re: YA'LL ARE A HOOT!!! (NM)

Necee on 8/16/02 at 07:34 (092653)

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: "Country Gals" stick together! :-)

Suzanne D on 8/16/02 at 16:01 (092681)

Necee, I like your picture AND your name! :-) Thanks for posting it for us to see. You look very happy and at peace, and I am glad for you.

Speaking of names and being from the country ~ both of my daughters are called by their double names - sort of like Mary Ellen and John Boy from the Waltons and more recently the Torkelsons on the Disney Channel with Chuckie Lee, etc. My girls have been teased at times for their 'Cabbage Patch Doll' names - Laura Beth and Sarah Lynn - but I think they're pretty names and hope they always are proud of them.

What was that old song ~ 'A Country Boy Can Survive'? 'Country Gals' do alright, too, don't we, Necee?!

Suzanne :-)

elliott on 8/15/02 at 10:19 (092555)

Great pic! Nancy N too! Powerful, both.

Necee, I've been wondering ever since I found this site how to pronounce your name. My guess is Ni-SAY (like Renee), but there are other possiblities, e.g Nessie (Loch Ness Monster :-)), or that the 'c' is Slovakian like 'ts'. Could you please clarify? Thanks.

---

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/02 at 12:29 (092561)

Elliott, I've been thinking it was 'Knee-See'. Now, who knows?

Necee, what a nice photo. :)

Carole C

Nancy N on 8/15/02 at 12:51 (092566)

I have figured the same as you, Carole, since Necee is derived from Denise. I'm sure she'll let us know if we're wrong, though :)

Re: To: Elliot Re: Necee

Necee on 8/15/02 at 13:52 (092572)

Hey there Elliot,
Actually Necee is my nickname, its pronounced, Ne as in 'knee', cee as in 'see', so Carole, you and Nancy were right!! My given name is Denise, everyone in my family calls me Necee, others call me Ellemae, like on the Beverly Hillbillys because of my love of animals, being raised on a farm gave me plenty of opportunitys to raise 'critters'.
This good lookin fella with me is my hubby of 21 yrs. I'm proud to say that since this picture was taken he has lost 25 lbs! And yes, my long hair which is below my waist, was put up into a french twist, I was serving cake at a cousins wedding and thought I better not let it get in the way!!

Happy trails to you....

Necee

elliott on 8/15/02 at 14:59 (092581)

I, uh, don't know what to say. You've just shattered my long-held lofty misconception that it was pronounced Ni-SAY, which would be so beautiful, so sophisticated, so very French like that French twist, that I, with the boring commoner's name Elliott (can we make that Elloitte? :-)), didn't feel worthy in your presence, and had to try to be on my best manners with you at all times. Ellemae? Beverly Hillbillys? Gulp! Well, that's nice too, but I, um, well, sob,...

---

Julie on 8/15/02 at 15:58 (092586)

I think Carole is right. Knee-See (Necee) is short for Denise, the name she began posting under many moons ago.

Necee on 8/15/02 at 16:01 (092587)

Gee Elliot! You don't like KneeSee?! I'm shattered! And yes, you must realize that being from Texas, Ellemae fits me to a tee. The name Ni-SAY does sound sophisticated, probably too fancy for this old country gal.

Happy trails to you...

Necee

Necee on 8/15/02 at 16:03 (092588)

You have a great memory Julie!!!

Happy trails to you....

Necee

Julie on 8/15/02 at 16:24 (092590)

Aw shucks, Necee - you caught me! I posted my contribution before I'd read the others by folks who remembered that you were Denise originally, and when I saw them I went back to my email box to delete it, because it seemed redundant.

Now nobody will know what you're talking about.

It will be our secret.

elliott on 8/15/02 at 16:36 (092592)

In fact I've been corresponding regularly with one I met here a long time ago. We've never ever had a spat, which is more than I can say about me and my sig other. :-)

You know, come to think about it, Ni-SAY is kinda snobby, isn't it. :-)

---

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/02 at 16:43 (092594)

Ni-SAY does sound kind of pretentious. But just try saying Knee-see without a big, happy smile on your face. Necee's a happy name. :)

Carole C

nancy s. on 8/15/02 at 17:53 (092604)

necee IS a happy name -- splendid and happy. i wish one of my siblings had been unable to pronounce my name when we were little and i could have ended up a 'necee,' for different reasons from our necee here.

Re: new Necee pic

Tammie on 8/15/02 at 19:40 (092615)

Necee I recieved this pic also isnt it beautiful? You are a loving happy couple your body language is saying we care we are happy together. Our life is full of Love and happiness. I will be there when you need me kinda friend like now Necee , You are the best! And Mr. Necee is pretty good looking also !I hope he always has that glow in his eyes for you! Necee You know I think of you and when I see your name I know it is a bit of sunshine !

Re: YA'LL ARE A HOOT!!! (NM)

Necee on 8/16/02 at 07:34 (092653)

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: "Country Gals" stick together! :-)

Suzanne D on 8/16/02 at 16:01 (092681)

Necee, I like your picture AND your name! :-) Thanks for posting it for us to see. You look very happy and at peace, and I am glad for you.

Speaking of names and being from the country ~ both of my daughters are called by their double names - sort of like Mary Ellen and John Boy from the Waltons and more recently the Torkelsons on the Disney Channel with Chuckie Lee, etc. My girls have been teased at times for their 'Cabbage Patch Doll' names - Laura Beth and Sarah Lynn - but I think they're pretty names and hope they always are proud of them.

What was that old song ~ 'A Country Boy Can Survive'? 'Country Gals' do alright, too, don't we, Necee?!

Suzanne :-)