Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

the neutral hip

Posted by Sandy H. on 8/15/02 at 09:58 (092551)

I'm doing physio now to try to get my hip back in neutral so that my left leg will get a bit shorter. It basically involves pulling my knee up to my armpit. If the leg gets shorter, it will have to turn in less as I walk. Just thought I'd share my latest treatment which is helping. I got rid of crunching ankles and plantar fasciitis at the most common site but still have posterior tibialis tendon pain. Much is written here about lower limb problems but check out your back and hips if you haven't already.

Re: the neutral hip

pala on 8/15/02 at 12:27 (092560)

can you go into more detail about pulling knee to armpit. are you sitting or lying down etc

yasmin from london on 8/15/02 at 15:19 (092583)

Hi

who did u go to the osteopath or chiropractor, also does it stay in place or do u need to keep going for treatment to keep it in a neutral position?

Yasmin

Sandy H. on 8/15/02 at 19:45 (092616)

I better not describe it. Best to go to a physiotherapist who specializes in this. It doesn't stay in place unless you develop the lower layer of stomach muscles that control posture through pilates and other exercises. By the way I don't know if this is going to work but I do know that sportsmen and women are big advocates of pilates. If your problem is related to a desk-bound lifestyle like mine is then this is worth looking into.

pala on 8/15/02 at 12:27 (092560)

can you go into more detail about pulling knee to armpit. are you sitting or lying down etc

yasmin from london on 8/15/02 at 15:19 (092583)

Hi

who did u go to the osteopath or chiropractor, also does it stay in place or do u need to keep going for treatment to keep it in a neutral position?

Yasmin

Sandy H. on 8/15/02 at 19:45 (092616)

I better not describe it. Best to go to a physiotherapist who specializes in this. It doesn't stay in place unless you develop the lower layer of stomach muscles that control posture through pilates and other exercises. By the way I don't know if this is going to work but I do know that sportsmen and women are big advocates of pilates. If your problem is related to a desk-bound lifestyle like mine is then this is worth looking into.