Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in lower leg and ankle

Posted by Sheri M. on 8/15/02 at 17:28 (092598)

I am 41yrs old and just this summer started having pain in my lower left leg on the outside of the leg.This is a burnning pain that comes on when i have been on my feet for a while and goes away with a few min rest only to return again.I am flat footed and also have weak ankles my left ankle hurts along with this pain i get.Just to liedown and rotate my ankles there is pain in my ankles.Can you give me any snswers?Thank you!

Re: Pain in lower leg and ankle

Lynette E. on 8/15/02 at 17:34 (092599)

I have that same pain except it's mostly in my lower left ankle. The pain is very intense if I have to step off of a bus or constantly walk down steps. Is there any type of treatment to help out? I'm anxious for a reply to this question. Thanks

SonnyK on 8/15/02 at 18:43 (092609)

I have flat feet also and have been diagnosed with Tarsel Tunnel Syndrome. I had surgery one year ago August 13.I was told that my flat feet were a cause of the TTS. I saw an orthopedic surgeon and had an EMG that showed the 'blocked' nerve. With my flat feet, the ankles roll in (over-pronate) and 'press' on the nerve. (To put it simply) I have custom orthotics (inserts) to wear to give me arch support. Every situation is different....do some searching on Tarsel Tunnel and see a Doctor. Good Luck!

LynetteE on 8/16/02 at 11:23 (092663)

I went to the emergency room last night and was told that I have Achilles Tendonitis. The doctor wrapped an ace bandage around my ankle and put one of those ortho-shoes on my right foot. I'm going to see an orthopedic doctor next week hopefully.

Lynette E. on 8/15/02 at 17:34 (092599)

I have that same pain except it's mostly in my lower left ankle. The pain is very intense if I have to step off of a bus or constantly walk down steps. Is there any type of treatment to help out? I'm anxious for a reply to this question. Thanks

SonnyK on 8/15/02 at 18:43 (092609)

I have flat feet also and have been diagnosed with Tarsel Tunnel Syndrome. I had surgery one year ago August 13.I was told that my flat feet were a cause of the TTS. I saw an orthopedic surgeon and had an EMG that showed the 'blocked' nerve. With my flat feet, the ankles roll in (over-pronate) and 'press' on the nerve. (To put it simply) I have custom orthotics (inserts) to wear to give me arch support. Every situation is different....do some searching on Tarsel Tunnel and see a Doctor. Good Luck!

LynetteE on 8/16/02 at 11:23 (092663)

I went to the emergency room last night and was told that I have Achilles Tendonitis. The doctor wrapped an ace bandage around my ankle and put one of those ortho-shoes on my right foot. I'm going to see an orthopedic doctor next week hopefully.