Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How Often Do You Have To Buy New Shoes?

Posted by Shaira on 8/15/02 at 19:39 (092613)

I bought my NB's in June I think. Well they're flat now and I'm back in pain. I need to buy a new pair...or I'm also thinking of getting Merrell's right now (Walking Co. is open till 8).

PF is so darn expensive! DH doesn't understand that I have to buy new shoes...again. But there's nothing I can do! My feet need to feel better and I can't walk unless I have total CUSHION under my feet.

Re: How Often Do You Have To Buy New Shoes?

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/02 at 21:00 (092626)

You need new shoes! I think it really helps PF if you can get new shoes at least once a month and switch them back and forth. For a while there, I was getting some every week or two.

Maybe your DH will understand if you tell him to think of it as a medical expense. Tell him how much ESWT costs. LOL

Carole C

Re: Took your advice Carole and bought new shoes

Shaira on 8/17/02 at 08:44 (092726)

I went out last night and bought 3 new pairs of shoes at The Walking Co. ( http://shop.store.yahoo.com/walkingco/index.html) .

I bought 2 pairs of Merrell's (leather and velvet pair) size 7 men's (men's shoes are wider) and one pair of Walking Co. made shoes with HIGH arches in it, sort of that sandal style. I figure I could wear it with a dress or even pants when the weather is warm around here (SF).

Re: I hope they help! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 8/18/02 at 18:43 (092862)

Re: How Often Do You Have To Buy New Shoes?

Carole C in NOLA on 8/15/02 at 21:00 (092626)

You need new shoes! I think it really helps PF if you can get new shoes at least once a month and switch them back and forth. For a while there, I was getting some every week or two.

Maybe your DH will understand if you tell him to think of it as a medical expense. Tell him how much ESWT costs. LOL

Carole C

Re: Took your advice Carole and bought new shoes

Shaira on 8/17/02 at 08:44 (092726)

I went out last night and bought 3 new pairs of shoes at The Walking Co. ( http://shop.store.yahoo.com/walkingco/index.html) .

I bought 2 pairs of Merrell's (leather and velvet pair) size 7 men's (men's shoes are wider) and one pair of Walking Co. made shoes with HIGH arches in it, sort of that sandal style. I figure I could wear it with a dress or even pants when the weather is warm around here (SF).

Re: I hope they help! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 8/18/02 at 18:43 (092862)