Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anti-inflammatories

Posted by Dan on 8/15/02 at 21:50 (092629)

Question: do anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen actually help with the healing process, or are they merely for reducing pain? Will PF go away faster if I use Motrin etc.?

Also, what's a good dose for a relatively mild but persistant case of PF? Say 800 mg is the dose. Is it just as well to take 4 200-mg pills as to take one prescription-dose 800 mg pill?

Re: Anti-inflammatories

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/02 at 22:36 (092636)

Hi
NSAID help by reducting swelling and pain. They need to use in addition to such treatments as orthosis, physical therapy, stretching, rest and heat/ice. I use motrin 800 mgs one three times daily so long as your stomach has no history of ulcers or there is no allergy to ASA. No more then two weeks. at this dosage

Re: Anti-inflammatories

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/15/02 at 22:36 (092636)

Hi
NSAID help by reducting swelling and pain. They need to use in addition to such treatments as orthosis, physical therapy, stretching, rest and heat/ice. I use motrin 800 mgs one three times daily so long as your stomach has no history of ulcers or there is no allergy to ASA. No more then two weeks. at this dosage