Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

painful feet

Posted by Ruthe on 8/16/02 at 01:02 (092640)

Hello. I have been having trouble now with my feet for around 4 year's. I have gone to foot doctors and nothing seems to work. I can hardly walk, and my feet hurt from when I get up in the morning until I go to bed. When I do walk just a little it feels like I've walked all day. My feet always hurt and burn. It also feels like I have been standing on ice, and the feeling when they are starting to warm. The doctor diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis, which I really doubt that I have. The doctor also put me on medicine for the inflamation. I would appreciate any information that you can give me.

Re: painful feet

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/02 at 10:48 (092734)

Hello.

That's a long time for foot pain. Has the medication helped at all?
I would add contrast baths to this treatment. That would be hot soak for ten minutes followed by cold soaks or ice. Do this twice daily. I need to know the exact location of the plantar fasciitis. IS the pain at the heel insertion, in the middle of the foot, in the ball of the foot. Any other areas of the lower extremity hurting you.? Read Scott book. Give your doctor some time. You have had this for four years

Re: painful feet

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/02 at 10:48 (092734)

Hello.

That's a long time for foot pain. Has the medication helped at all?
I would add contrast baths to this treatment. That would be hot soak for ten minutes followed by cold soaks or ice. Do this twice daily. I need to know the exact location of the plantar fasciitis. IS the pain at the heel insertion, in the middle of the foot, in the ball of the foot. Any other areas of the lower extremity hurting you.? Read Scott book. Give your doctor some time. You have had this for four years