Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank you, John H....

Posted by Suzanne D on 8/16/02 at 16:13 (092683)

...for the pictures from Laos. I received them today at school but had a meeting right at the end of the day and haven't been able to view them yet. I look forward to doing so. Sometimes I can access my school e-mail at home, and sometimes I can't. If it doesn't work from here, I will go over to school this weekend to see them (I'm only a half mile from school.)

I will ask Marina's father the next time I see him where he and his wife are from. I think he will be quite pleased that I have the pictures. Marina has a little gold necklace someone sent her this summer from Laos, and she wears it every day. I think they are beginning to talk to her more about their home country as she brings it up more now.

All I know is that she is still in the hospital. Her older brother doesn't know much about her condition. The grandmother speaks only a few words of English, so we cannot communicate on the phone, and the parents are in Louisville with Marina.

They are hard workers and very proud of their family and try to not ask for help. I admire them.

Thanks for your interest. I look forward to seeing the pictures this weekend.

Suzanne :-)

Re: ...just saw the pictures

Suzanne D on 8/16/02 at 16:33 (092687)

Amazing...Thank you. The mountains are so beautiful! My husband has watched that movie 'Bridge Over the River Kwai' (may have just misspelled that) many times. I'll show him the real one! Your quarters...wow; I have such respect for you and the others who endured that.

I will look forward to showing Marina that I have a picture of Laos!

Re: ...just saw the pictures

Suzanne D on 8/16/02 at 16:33 (092687)

Amazing...Thank you. The mountains are so beautiful! My husband has watched that movie 'Bridge Over the River Kwai' (may have just misspelled that) many times. I'll show him the real one! Your quarters...wow; I have such respect for you and the others who endured that.

I will look forward to showing Marina that I have a picture of Laos!