Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Debbie K on 8/17/02 at 08:46 (092727)

My son, age 12, was just diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. He has had an increase in physical activity and can hardly walk. I had him stand for me and I noticed the inside of his foot kind of falls inward. I was wondering if this could be the reason he is having this difficulty and is there anything I can do to correct this problem permanently so he doesn't have to live with this the rest of his life. How can one keep this from being a problem as he grows to adulthood. I don't want to treat the symptom, I want to correct the problem.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

dan on 8/17/02 at 09:36 (092731)

take him to a good podiatrist asap.

Re: 12 y/o nephew has flat feet...

Mahatmelissama on 8/17/02 at 17:30 (092768)

and had foot pain off and on. I badgered his mom into taking him to a ped at foot store which makes orthotics. He got new sneakers and orthotics and is doing much much better. I think kids respond very quickly since you can get them right at the beginning of this. He is still overweight and sedentary...but he takes long walks sometimes now with his mom. :)

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

dan on 8/17/02 at 09:36 (092731)

take him to a good podiatrist asap.

Re: 12 y/o nephew has flat feet...

Mahatmelissama on 8/17/02 at 17:30 (092768)

and had foot pain off and on. I badgered his mom into taking him to a ped at foot store which makes orthotics. He got new sneakers and orthotics and is doing much much better. I think kids respond very quickly since you can get them right at the beginning of this. He is still overweight and sedentary...but he takes long walks sometimes now with his mom. :)