Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

could this cause tts

Posted by bill f on 8/17/02 at 22:58 (092799)

Is it possible that what appeared to be a simple sprained ankle followed by 6 months of being forced to work standing and climbing 8 - 10 hours a day cause tts and pf (plantier faisia?) Also what are the odds of my ever working again in my choosen field.(I build the largest offroad mining trucks in the world)

Re: could this cause tts

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/18/02 at 08:17 (092824)

Hi,

Actually injury such as a sprained ankle is what can caused TTS. Standing like you have done for that long a period of time is the main reasn for plantar fasciitis.. Yes you can get better. If you have had all the conservative treatment around, then ESWT may be your next approach. Must make sur you have plantar fasciitis and not TTS

bill f on 8/18/02 at 13:47 (092840)

thanks for the fast response dr.z!! i should have told you that i have already had tts surgery. i now own a 10 inch scar on the inside of my left ankle. i have been through 8 months of post op therapy including water therapy in the pool because i can not stand long enough or balance on my bad foot. i have orthotic shoe inserts but they also did not help. i also have pf syndrom. feels like im standing with a marble under my heel on the same foot. i have been to a pain clinic for spinal injections but they did not help at all . i think that was to see if my pain was (sympathetic?). so are you saying it would not have mattered if i had been taken off work for a week or two when the injury happened because the injury itself most likly caused the tts and pf? if the pain will not go away with surgery or meds it may be with me forever? sorry for the length of my request but im only 46 and a little scared that i may be crippeled for life. thanks bill f.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/18/02 at 14:35 (092843)

Hi

Here is what I mean. The injury caused the TTS. Being on your feet without rest make it worse. TTS surgery can take a very long time to heal. Sometimes up to one year. It is any better then better the foot surgeru?
Do you have the classic heel spur syndrome which is limping when you first get up in the morning

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/18/02 at 08:17 (092824)

Hi,

Actually injury such as a sprained ankle is what can caused TTS. Standing like you have done for that long a period of time is the main reasn for plantar fasciitis.. Yes you can get better. If you have had all the conservative treatment around, then ESWT may be your next approach. Must make sur you have plantar fasciitis and not TTS

bill f on 8/18/02 at 13:47 (092840)

thanks for the fast response dr.z!! i should have told you that i have already had tts surgery. i now own a 10 inch scar on the inside of my left ankle. i have been through 8 months of post op therapy including water therapy in the pool because i can not stand long enough or balance on my bad foot. i have orthotic shoe inserts but they also did not help. i also have pf syndrom. feels like im standing with a marble under my heel on the same foot. i have been to a pain clinic for spinal injections but they did not help at all . i think that was to see if my pain was (sympathetic?). so are you saying it would not have mattered if i had been taken off work for a week or two when the injury happened because the injury itself most likly caused the tts and pf? if the pain will not go away with surgery or meds it may be with me forever? sorry for the length of my request but im only 46 and a little scared that i may be crippeled for life. thanks bill f.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/18/02 at 14:35 (092843)

Hi

Here is what I mean. The injury caused the TTS. Being on your feet without rest make it worse. TTS surgery can take a very long time to heal. Sometimes up to one year. It is any better then better the foot surgeru?
Do you have the classic heel spur syndrome which is limping when you first get up in the morning