Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Response to Pauline for name of my orthotics

Posted by Kim R. on 8/19/02 at 13:52 (092918)

Pauline, my orthotics are the soft-flexible type. The brand engraved on the bottom is AMFIT. I was fitted for these using a strange device that that takes an impression of your feet using little nubby sticks. The impression is then scanned into a PC and the therapist makes a few adjustments and then orders the orthotics. So far, they are wonderful. I hardly know that I have anything in my shoes. I work with someone who also had pf and heel spurs and spent a fortune on the hard orthotics and she cannot wear them because the pain is worse than the pf itself. I don't know what mine cost. I suspect around $300, but Blue Cross pays a portion. I believe I spent $120 out of pocket. Believe me, over the past few years, I have spent way more than that on Dr. Scholl's heel inserts, orthotics etc. I can really recommend these to people who are runners or athletes. They are quite comfortable. I do believe that a lot of it has to do with the person taking the impression of your foot. Make sure he/she really is qualified so you're not stuck with an ill-fitting pair of expensive shoe inserts. For those of you who live in Alabama, I used Alabama Orthopoedic's physical therapist. He gets an A+ for these orthotics. Hope this helps others with pf.