Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hallux Rigidus

Posted by Linda A on 8/19/02 at 17:28 (092930)

Dr. Davis or Dr. Wander

I have hallux rigidus of both feet. My knees and hips hurt terribly. Could I send either of you my x-rays or obtain any xrays you need and send them to you. If I took a vacation and came to your office for the surgery, how long would I have to stay up there? Also what about orthotics after surgery. Do you have extensive experience in this surgery? I am in excruciating pain. Thanks,
Linda

P.S. I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield and Tricare. Do you accept these?

Re: Hallux Rigidus

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/19/02 at 20:56 (092938)

Linda,

I'd be happy to evaluate your x-rays and give you an idea of what can be done based on the x-rays. Obviously, you must be seen clinically in addition to an x-ray evaluation. Although you would only have to stay for about a week, it is certainly important to be followed every few weeks for follow up. I've actually had a few patients from out of state that were seen by doctors in the local area, but this is the exception, not the rule. Most doctors don't want to take the responsibility of caring for another doctor's surgical patient, and most surgeons don't want someone else taking care of his/her surgical patient! I am experienced and I'm sure Dr. Davis is experienced in hallux rigidus/limitus surgery. But, first I think it would be a good idea to send me a copy of your films for a review. Send me your information and I'll send you literature I've written regarding the causes and treatment options for your condition. Email me at (email removed) or feel free to call my office at 215-725-1092.

Re: Hallux Rigidus

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/19/02 at 20:56 (092938)

Linda,

I'd be happy to evaluate your x-rays and give you an idea of what can be done based on the x-rays. Obviously, you must be seen clinically in addition to an x-ray evaluation. Although you would only have to stay for about a week, it is certainly important to be followed every few weeks for follow up. I've actually had a few patients from out of state that were seen by doctors in the local area, but this is the exception, not the rule. Most doctors don't want to take the responsibility of caring for another doctor's surgical patient, and most surgeons don't want someone else taking care of his/her surgical patient! I am experienced and I'm sure Dr. Davis is experienced in hallux rigidus/limitus surgery. But, first I think it would be a good idea to send me a copy of your films for a review. Send me your information and I'll send you literature I've written regarding the causes and treatment options for your condition. Email me at (email removed) or feel free to call my office at 215-725-1092.