Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

lumps

Posted by Annette G on 8/20/02 at 10:47 (092987)

I have had PF for the last 3 years in my left foot, I still run on and off a few miles a week (3-9), I know I shouldnt, but I foolishly take the pain and do it anyway. Latley I have been getting a little carried away with the running and have noticed in these last few months that I have lumps that re painful in the center of the Fascia under the arch( I have a high arch). I have been wearing a new pair of orthotics for the last 9 months, could the orthotics be causing these lumps along with the recent running?
Any input would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,

Re: the lumps are in both feet even though I only have PF in my left foot

Annette G on 8/20/02 at 10:49 (092988)

Re: lumps

Annette G on 8/21/02 at 09:20 (093074)

Thanks, I'm on my way with my sorry feet!

Re: how about biking

Annette G on 8/21/02 at 10:29 (093079)

Hi Dr.Z I finally made an appt for ESWT and I'll be seeing you on Monday. I'll bring my orthotics (all three pair) so you can see if they may be hurting the problem. But for the time being, do you think that biking would hurt my foot any further?
Thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/21/02 at 12:44 (093093)

Biking and swimming are both excellent physical rehab

Mar on 8/21/02 at 18:30 (093136)

I developed one of these lumps a year ago with my first pair of orthotics that I no longer wear, as they caused other problems as well. It was very painful until just recently. No other doctor knew what it was -- thanks for the diagnosis! Mar

Re: Scott

wendyn on 8/21/02 at 22:51 (093172)

Scott - things appear to be buggered up on the Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome board.

Scott R on 8/22/02 at 06:51 (093184)

Wendy, I didn't see a problem on the TTS board.

Sharon W on 8/22/02 at 07:14 (093186)

Scott,

Well, for one thing, I just got here by clicking on the top item, 'Thank You,' which when you click on it, is a response from Dr. Z about lumps, to from the Doctors' board! Your response to Wendy's message was down as one of the responses to Dr. Z, and I clicked on it to write this.

Sharon

Scott R on 8/22/02 at 07:16 (093187)

OK, thanks. It's the same problem as the last one. Message numbers being duplicate.

Annette G on 8/23/02 at 14:30 (093342)

Hi Mar, thanks for posting, I really think that the orthotics are causing this problem, I have been running for over 25 years and have never had a serious problem with either of my feet until PF in just one foot. The lumps are in both feet and in the same spot where the arch of the orthotics rubs against the arch in my foot. Have your feet healed from this? I threw my orthotics in my closet and put gel cushions in my shoes.
Thanks,
Annettte

Mar on 8/23/02 at 15:26 (093344)

Annette -

Well it was definitely where that first pair of orthotics rubbed against my arch. Has it healed? Well the pain was there for at least 10 months. This summer I did not work so spent much less time on my feet. The lump is still there but has not hurt all summer. The orthotics I now use don;t rub there although I used these orthotics since January and had that pain until May or June. So who knows??? Good luck! Mar

Re: the lumps are in both feet even though I only have PF in my left foot

Annette G on 8/20/02 at 10:49 (092988)

Annette G on 8/21/02 at 09:20 (093074)

Thanks, I'm on my way with my sorry feet!

Annette G on 8/21/02 at 10:29 (093079)

Hi Dr.Z I finally made an appt for ESWT and I'll be seeing you on Monday. I'll bring my orthotics (all three pair) so you can see if they may be hurting the problem. But for the time being, do you think that biking would hurt my foot any further?
Thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/21/02 at 12:44 (093093)

Biking and swimming are both excellent physical rehab

Mar on 8/21/02 at 18:30 (093136)

I developed one of these lumps a year ago with my first pair of orthotics that I no longer wear, as they caused other problems as well. It was very painful until just recently. No other doctor knew what it was -- thanks for the diagnosis! Mar

wendyn on 8/21/02 at 22:51 (093172)

Scott - things appear to be buggered up on the Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome board.

Scott R on 8/22/02 at 06:51 (093184)

Wendy, I didn't see a problem on the TTS board.

Sharon W on 8/22/02 at 07:14 (093186)

Scott,

Well, for one thing, I just got here by clicking on the top item, 'Thank You,' which when you click on it, is a response from Dr. Z about lumps, to from the Doctors' board! Your response to Wendy's message was down as one of the responses to Dr. Z, and I clicked on it to write this.

Sharon

Scott R on 8/22/02 at 07:16 (093187)

OK, thanks. It's the same problem as the last one. Message numbers being duplicate.

Annette G on 8/23/02 at 14:30 (093342)

Hi Mar, thanks for posting, I really think that the orthotics are causing this problem, I have been running for over 25 years and have never had a serious problem with either of my feet until PF in just one foot. The lumps are in both feet and in the same spot where the arch of the orthotics rubs against the arch in my foot. Have your feet healed from this? I threw my orthotics in my closet and put gel cushions in my shoes.
Thanks,
Annettte

Mar on 8/23/02 at 15:26 (093344)

Annette -

Well it was definitely where that first pair of orthotics rubbed against my arch. Has it healed? Well the pain was there for at least 10 months. This summer I did not work so spent much less time on my feet. The lump is still there but has not hurt all summer. The orthotics I now use don;t rub there although I used these orthotics since January and had that pain until May or June. So who knows??? Good luck! Mar