Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calcium Supplement

Posted by AL on 8/20/02 at 18:56 (093011)

I recently received an offer for calcium supplements from bonespur.com. Their claim is that spurs are created by leaching of calcium from the bones which can be remedied by calcium supplementation. Has anyone tried this type of therapy? Thank You

Re: Calcium Supplement

Carole C in NOLA on 8/20/02 at 20:42 (093026)

I was taking calcium supplements when I got PF, and continued to take them. I was taking 1500 mg/day, which is the amount a woman over 50 is supposed to take. It might have been my imagination, but it seemed like they helped a little bit. On the other hand, they were not a miracle cure and it took me months to get over PF just like so many others here.

Carole C

Sharon W on 8/21/02 at 13:22 (093098)

Have you ever had a bone density test?

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 8/20/02 at 20:42 (093026)

I was taking calcium supplements when I got PF, and continued to take them. I was taking 1500 mg/day, which is the amount a woman over 50 is supposed to take. It might have been my imagination, but it seemed like they helped a little bit. On the other hand, they were not a miracle cure and it took me months to get over PF just like so many others here.

Carole C

Sharon W on 8/21/02 at 13:22 (093098)

Have you ever had a bone density test?

Sharon