Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

icepack

Posted by Ruth K on 8/21/02 at 20:47 (093160)

I am searching for an ice pack that I could strap on my foot /ankle. Any suggestions from people what has worked and where I can find it? Thanks.

Re: icepack

Carole C in NOLA on 8/21/02 at 21:08 (093162)

I got one with velcro straps attached on it at Eckarts. Is that what you mean? I don't use them, but it has them.

Carole C

jack g on 8/21/02 at 23:51 (093174)

you might want to visit this web page and see if it helps anyone..

Relieve Your Pain Today-All Natural Multi-Purpose Pain Relief

If you are looking for pain relief like is associated with arthritus,lupus,fibromyalgia,knee pain,carpel tunnel,or just every day pains,also helps dry skin conditions (apply to your feet and they will become as soft as a babys bottom and the pain will be gone)go to this website and take a look:

(the 0 in the address is a zero)

http://www.naturesgold.0catch.com/

Kim R. on 8/22/02 at 08:14 (093189)

I use a soft gel bag that I freeze and wrap around my arch/heel with an ace bandage. You can get these items at Wal-Mart or any drug store. The gel bag is so soft it conforms to my foot and the ace bandage holds it in place. I have tried Ziploc backs with ice cubes and also bags of frozen peas but these hurt. Good luck.

john h on 8/22/02 at 09:04 (093194)

Ruth: I have a soft boot with velcro tape that you place in the fridge and can adjust to any foot. I may have bought it from Scott but it works very well. It cools the bottom and entire foot and would also sever TTS people.
For just iceing the PF area I have found nothing better than the Ice Packs in the stretch material with velcro on the end that you can wrap around your foot in any fashion you want. Pop them in the freezer. They only cost about $5 at most major drug stores.

Ruth K. on 8/22/02 at 11:39 (093214)

Thanks for your suggestions. That is exactly what I am looking for-something that would encapsule the foot and heel. I haven't had luck at my local drugstores but will try a medical supply store. Was hoping someone knew a website I could order from.

Valerie S on 8/22/02 at 13:33 (093226)

Maybe a little more cumbersome, but I have one of those large gelpacks (from Walmart) that goes in the freezer. I wrap it around my heel and ankle and then hold it in place with ace bandage.

Good luck.

Val.

john h on 8/22/02 at 13:48 (093229)

Vallerie: my ice pack is just like an ace bandage with the ice pack sewed in it and velcro tape on the end. $5 you cannot beat it.

john h on 8/22/02 at 15:23 (093236)

RUTH: try http://www.gnr.com i may have this wrong but it is a website mostly for medical providers but i do buy my leuko tape from there.

john h on 8/22/02 at 15:31 (093237)

got the web page wrong. go to: http://www.rehabshopper.com
they also sell Leuko tape.

pala on 8/22/02 at 17:56 (093254)

where can i buy this boot that goes in a freezer?

Carole C in NOLA on 8/22/02 at 17:57 (093255)

That's what I have! But, I think it cost me three or four times that much at Eckarts. I never really use the velcro, but it's nice and big so I can just squish it around my foot however I want it.

Carole C

Ruth K on 8/22/02 at 21:38 (093274)

Thanks for the site address-I went to it but didn't see what I was looking for. I did find something called Active Ice- Ankle Wrap which might work on another site. They said they had a local dealer so I will pursue that. What I see on most sites is something that looks like a brace with the heel cut out. I want the ice pack to cover the heel and foot. I am using a large ice pack with an ace bandage but want something more portable and easy to use since icing seems to give me good relief. Will keep searching. Thaks for the info.

Valerie S on 8/23/02 at 10:21 (093317)

Yeah, if I could find it... I had to rig my own. I couldn't find anything of that sort no matter where I looked around here.

john h on 8/23/02 at 18:11 (093356)

Ruth: I looked at the boot I have that you toss in the frig and then it adjust comfortably to your foot with velcro. It's name is 'Dura Kold' and I think I bought it from Scott. Check out Scott's products and see if it is there. I can send you a email of a picture of it.

Carole C in NOLA on 8/21/02 at 21:08 (093162)

I got one with velcro straps attached on it at Eckarts. Is that what you mean? I don't use them, but it has them.

Carole C

jack g on 8/21/02 at 23:51 (093174)

you might want to visit this web page and see if it helps anyone..

Relieve Your Pain Today-All Natural Multi-Purpose Pain Relief

If you are looking for pain relief like is associated with arthritus,lupus,fibromyalgia,knee pain,carpel tunnel,or just every day pains,also helps dry skin conditions (apply to your feet and they will become as soft as a babys bottom and the pain will be gone)go to this website and take a look:

(the 0 in the address is a zero)

http://www.naturesgold.0catch.com/

Kim R. on 8/22/02 at 08:14 (093189)

I use a soft gel bag that I freeze and wrap around my arch/heel with an ace bandage. You can get these items at Wal-Mart or any drug store. The gel bag is so soft it conforms to my foot and the ace bandage holds it in place. I have tried Ziploc backs with ice cubes and also bags of frozen peas but these hurt. Good luck.

john h on 8/22/02 at 09:04 (093194)

Ruth: I have a soft boot with velcro tape that you place in the fridge and can adjust to any foot. I may have bought it from Scott but it works very well. It cools the bottom and entire foot and would also sever TTS people.
For just iceing the PF area I have found nothing better than the Ice Packs in the stretch material with velcro on the end that you can wrap around your foot in any fashion you want. Pop them in the freezer. They only cost about $5 at most major drug stores.

Ruth K. on 8/22/02 at 11:39 (093214)

Thanks for your suggestions. That is exactly what I am looking for-something that would encapsule the foot and heel. I haven't had luck at my local drugstores but will try a medical supply store. Was hoping someone knew a website I could order from.

Valerie S on 8/22/02 at 13:33 (093226)

Maybe a little more cumbersome, but I have one of those large gelpacks (from Walmart) that goes in the freezer. I wrap it around my heel and ankle and then hold it in place with ace bandage.

Good luck.

Val.

john h on 8/22/02 at 13:48 (093229)

Vallerie: my ice pack is just like an ace bandage with the ice pack sewed in it and velcro tape on the end. $5 you cannot beat it.

john h on 8/22/02 at 15:23 (093236)

RUTH: try http://www.gnr.com i may have this wrong but it is a website mostly for medical providers but i do buy my leuko tape from there.

john h on 8/22/02 at 15:31 (093237)

got the web page wrong. go to: http://www.rehabshopper.com
they also sell Leuko tape.

pala on 8/22/02 at 17:56 (093254)

where can i buy this boot that goes in a freezer?

Carole C in NOLA on 8/22/02 at 17:57 (093255)

That's what I have! But, I think it cost me three or four times that much at Eckarts. I never really use the velcro, but it's nice and big so I can just squish it around my foot however I want it.

Carole C

Ruth K on 8/22/02 at 21:38 (093274)

Thanks for the site address-I went to it but didn't see what I was looking for. I did find something called Active Ice- Ankle Wrap which might work on another site. They said they had a local dealer so I will pursue that. What I see on most sites is something that looks like a brace with the heel cut out. I want the ice pack to cover the heel and foot. I am using a large ice pack with an ace bandage but want something more portable and easy to use since icing seems to give me good relief. Will keep searching. Thaks for the info.

Valerie S on 8/23/02 at 10:21 (093317)

Yeah, if I could find it... I had to rig my own. I couldn't find anything of that sort no matter where I looked around here.

john h on 8/23/02 at 18:11 (093356)

Ruth: I looked at the boot I have that you toss in the frig and then it adjust comfortably to your foot with velcro. It's name is 'Dura Kold' and I think I bought it from Scott. Check out Scott's products and see if it is there. I can send you a email of a picture of it.