Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tender spots

Posted by carrie on 8/22/02 at 10:27 (093205)

How many people on this board also suffer from tender spots that feel like bruises on the back of the heel? I have this really bad on the left foot and none on the right. Is this common with PF?

carrie

Re: Tender spots

ScottW on 8/22/02 at 13:21 (093223)

When you say back of the heel, do you mean on the bottom or on the sides of the heel? If I am on my feet for any length of time my heels get tender on the sides of my heel (to the left and right of the achilles tendon).

carrie on 8/22/02 at 13:50 (093230)

Mine are tender to the touch all the time on my worse foot. It doesn't always feel bad to walk on them but if you touch the back of the heel it is always tender there, like a bruise. Because of this many Dr's that I saw in the past tried to tell me it was not PF. I finally do have a Dr who believes I have PF but it seems like I should have been treated for this along time ago. In the beginning when I fist had pain it was equal on both feet and yet it was not bad enough to actually slow me down much. It went away for 4 months and I thought foolishly that I was done with it forever. Not the case though, now it is back and worse than before, only not equal in both feet, the left is the worse one and like I said it is very very tender to the touch all around the back part of the heel, not the part that touches the ground when you walk. does this make sense?

ScottW on 8/22/02 at 13:21 (093223)

When you say back of the heel, do you mean on the bottom or on the sides of the heel? If I am on my feet for any length of time my heels get tender on the sides of my heel (to the left and right of the achilles tendon).

carrie on 8/22/02 at 13:50 (093230)

Mine are tender to the touch all the time on my worse foot. It doesn't always feel bad to walk on them but if you touch the back of the heel it is always tender there, like a bruise. Because of this many Dr's that I saw in the past tried to tell me it was not PF. I finally do have a Dr who believes I have PF but it seems like I should have been treated for this along time ago. In the beginning when I fist had pain it was equal on both feet and yet it was not bad enough to actually slow me down much. It went away for 4 months and I thought foolishly that I was done with it forever. Not the case though, now it is back and worse than before, only not equal in both feet, the left is the worse one and like I said it is very very tender to the touch all around the back part of the heel, not the part that touches the ground when you walk. does this make sense?