Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sonoccur Cost

Posted by john h on 8/22/02 at 11:19 (093211)

I just made a call to sample cost for Sonnocur treatment at a clinic in San Antonio that has recently received the Sonoccur. There 3 treatment protocol with treatments spaced one week apart will cost $850 per treatment. I also have a call into the Memphis Clinic to check out their cost

Re: Sonoccur Cost

David L on 8/22/02 at 13:39 (093227)

John,
What did they say about insurance covering this?

BrianG on 8/23/02 at 13:42 (093338)

John,

Did you tell them you had PF, or were they just assuming you had tennis elbow?

BrianG

john h on 8/23/02 at 18:37 (093360)

I phoned the offices of the Doctor's in Memphis who obtained a Sonnocur to check on pricing onlyy to find they are a group that only works on the spine. I got the number from a post that listed all the Sonnocur locations in the states.

john h on 8/23/02 at 18:48 (093365)

Brian: I told them I had Plantar Fasciatis and the lady who took the phone call asked what is that? She then proceeded to tell me they treated the spine.

DJ on 8/23/02 at 21:14 (093372)

I asked my insurance company about ESWT, they said I was covered 90 percent, same as my orthotics, MRI, Bone Scan, etc. I then called the orthopedic clinic that performs the ESWT treatment and they said that even though they said they would cover it, they would deny coverage and that they had been denied by the same insurance company that I had before. I'll definitely keep the board up to date on what happens with this. Whenever I call the 1-800 number on my insurance card, I end up talking with someone that seems to know absolutely nothing.

David L on 8/22/02 at 13:39 (093227)

John,
What did they say about insurance covering this?

BrianG on 8/23/02 at 13:42 (093338)

John,

Did you tell them you had PF, or were they just assuming you had tennis elbow?

BrianG

john h on 8/23/02 at 18:37 (093360)

I phoned the offices of the Doctor's in Memphis who obtained a Sonnocur to check on pricing onlyy to find they are a group that only works on the spine. I got the number from a post that listed all the Sonnocur locations in the states.

john h on 8/23/02 at 18:48 (093365)

Brian: I told them I had Plantar Fasciatis and the lady who took the phone call asked what is that? She then proceeded to tell me they treated the spine.

DJ on 8/23/02 at 21:14 (093372)

I asked my insurance company about ESWT, they said I was covered 90 percent, same as my orthotics, MRI, Bone Scan, etc. I then called the orthopedic clinic that performs the ESWT treatment and they said that even though they said they would cover it, they would deny coverage and that they had been denied by the same insurance company that I had before. I'll definitely keep the board up to date on what happens with this. Whenever I call the 1-800 number on my insurance card, I end up talking with someone that seems to know absolutely nothing.