Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for doc; Orthopedic Surgeon

Posted by Peggy P. on 8/22/02 at 12:51 (093222)

Can someone recommend a board certified Orthopedic surgeon in the NYC area? Perhaps this is my next step.

Thanks

Re: To Peggy Question for doc; Orthopedic Surgeon

Pauline on 8/22/02 at 16:09 (093240)

I'm not a doctor but there are three Orthopedic surgeons specializing in foot and ankle care who are listed in the 2001 guide to 'America's Top Doctors. All three are located in the New York area. I cannot recommend them personally nor make a referral but I will post their names, addresses and phone for you if request them. I find this book a valuable guide to top doctors.

Dr. Manoli who is in Michigan and often posts here is listed as one of the doctors in this book.

Peggy on 8/22/02 at 18:23 (093264)

Hi Pauline,

Yes, I would appreciate that. I hope they are in Manhattan -- that is where I live.

Thanks

Peggy

Pauline on 8/22/02 at 19:02 (093266)

Peggy,
Here are the listings per your request:

1. Dr. Phillip Bauman M.D. Special Expertise: Sports/Dance Medicine/ Foot and Ankle surgery. 343 W. 58th St. Orthopaedic Associates of N.Y.
N.Y. N.Y. 10019 (212) 765-2260.

2. Dr. Jonathan T. Deland M.D. Special Expertise: Foot & Ankle Surgery
523 E. 72nd St. Ste 516 N. Y, N. Y. 10021 (212) 606-1665.

3. Dr. John F. Waller M.D. Special Expertise: Foot Surgery/ Ankle Surgery. 133 E. 58th St. Fl 14 N.Y. N.Y. 10022 (212) 583-2920.

A suggestion for you, which I have found very helpful, is to send a letter with copies of your medical records to each physician with the understanding, of course, that they cannot make a diagnosis without seeing you. This, however, will give them a chance to look over your records and have a better understanding of your problem when they reply either by phone or letter. With three to choose from you can always make an appointment with each and when you receive your response make your selection based on their replies.

Orthopedic physicians always seem to have huge case loads, and your selection may be narrowed by the lenght of time it will take to get an appointment. Being listed in a national publication certainly adds patients.

I hope this information proves helpful to you, and you find the answers you seek. Best of luck.

P.S. When you collect all your medical records make sure you keep a copy
of everything for yourself.

Peggy on 8/22/02 at 23:06 (093280)

Thank you very much Pauline. Now all I must do is call to see which will accept my health plan.

Thanks again!

Peggy

Pauline on 8/22/02 at 16:09 (093240)

I'm not a doctor but there are three Orthopedic surgeons specializing in foot and ankle care who are listed in the 2001 guide to 'America's Top Doctors. All three are located in the New York area. I cannot recommend them personally nor make a referral but I will post their names, addresses and phone for you if request them. I find this book a valuable guide to top doctors.

Dr. Manoli who is in Michigan and often posts here is listed as one of the doctors in this book.

Peggy on 8/22/02 at 18:23 (093264)

Hi Pauline,

Yes, I would appreciate that. I hope they are in Manhattan -- that is where I live.

Thanks

Peggy

Pauline on 8/22/02 at 19:02 (093266)

Peggy,
Here are the listings per your request:

1. Dr. Phillip Bauman M.D. Special Expertise: Sports/Dance Medicine/ Foot and Ankle surgery. 343 W. 58th St. Orthopaedic Associates of N.Y.
N.Y. N.Y. 10019 (212) 765-2260.

2. Dr. Jonathan T. Deland M.D. Special Expertise: Foot & Ankle Surgery
523 E. 72nd St. Ste 516 N. Y, N. Y. 10021 (212) 606-1665.

3. Dr. John F. Waller M.D. Special Expertise: Foot Surgery/ Ankle Surgery. 133 E. 58th St. Fl 14 N.Y. N.Y. 10022 (212) 583-2920.

A suggestion for you, which I have found very helpful, is to send a letter with copies of your medical records to each physician with the understanding, of course, that they cannot make a diagnosis without seeing you. This, however, will give them a chance to look over your records and have a better understanding of your problem when they reply either by phone or letter. With three to choose from you can always make an appointment with each and when you receive your response make your selection based on their replies.

Orthopedic physicians always seem to have huge case loads, and your selection may be narrowed by the lenght of time it will take to get an appointment. Being listed in a national publication certainly adds patients.

I hope this information proves helpful to you, and you find the answers you seek. Best of luck.

P.S. When you collect all your medical records make sure you keep a copy
of everything for yourself.

Peggy on 8/22/02 at 23:06 (093280)

Thank you very much Pauline. Now all I must do is call to see which will accept my health plan.

Thanks again!

Peggy