Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Newsletter Responses

Posted by Scott R on 8/22/02 at 19:49 (093268)

If you found this message board as a result of the heel pain newsletter, please communicate with the newsletter editor (that's me) and other members of the newsletter by posting a reply to this message. To reply too me privately, use (email removed)

Scott Roberts, Member
heelspurs.com LLC

---

Re: Newsletter Responses

Suzanne J. on 8/23/02 at 09:40 (093312)

Thank you so much for the ESWT information. I am scheduled to travel next week from North Carolina to Dr. Zuckerman's office in New Jersey for ESWT treatment on both heels. I have had PF for 5 years and have heel spurs on both feet. I will let you know how it goes.

Mar on 8/23/02 at 11:55 (093331)

Scott --

I'm interested in hearing ESWT success stories, especially those who had no success with the first treatment. I have bilateral PF with severe pain and had no help from my first ESWT. I had the second one a week ago and am sure hoping it helps me. Thanks for this site -- Mar

Susanne H on 8/23/02 at 13:37 (093337)

I have fibromas in the arch of my left foot which is a result from plantar fascitis. Has anyone with nodules/fibromas had this therapy? Is so, what was the result?

Thanks!

Susanne

ShelleyK on 8/23/02 at 15:45 (093346)

Has anyone had ESWT treatments from a practitioner in or near the Seattle, WA area (or elsewhere in Western Washington State, or even around Portland, OR for that matter)? If so, can you give me any names? Also, does anyone know the state of Blue Cross/Blue coverage in that region for this procedure? A podiatrist tok an xray and diagnosed plantar fasciitis. (I think more problems may have developed in the left heel since that initial x-ray, though, since the right hel seems to have improved while the left hasn't and hurts much worse.) So far, I think I've tried about everything else to no avail, at least as far as permanent or major relief from nagging pain that is especially bad in left lower foot extending up to arch resulting in a limp and pain with every step. Cortisone shot provided some temporary relief, as did taping and does night splint wearing (on my 3rd month for latter). Anti-inflmattories don't help at all. I am on my second pair of custom-made orthotics which seem to just move the pain more to the arch. Physical therapy (including ultrasound massage, regular massage, ice massage, exercises), months of endless home exercises, an episode of wearing a clumsy boot walker that actually caused far more pain, and hundreds of dollars in new shoes don't seem to be helping much if at all. As a (former!) hiker/exercise walker/nature walker, I am so depressed by this state of affairs that I may need to seek help from a shrink next (or a divorce attorney since my husband wants walks more than ever it seems and is reluctant to spend any more money on useless treatments.) !

Re: EWST and Feathersprings Food Supports

Cheryl C. on 8/23/02 at 19:25 (093368)

I have been actively researching EWST for my chronic plantar fascitis and bone spur condition and feel it may be my final option after 15 years of pain. Unfortunately, my insurance will not cover it at this time. If you are in Oregon you can check out Dr. Douglas Beaman (503)249-0719 but the cost is very high. For a fraction of the cost I've found a place in Canada as well as one in London, UK . Heck, you could actually go to England and have the treatment done for the same price as having it done in the U.S.! As an interim treatment I'm having surprising results with an unusual product called Featherspring Food Supports. Yes, I know, another shoe insert. But this one's really different. My Dad began using it over 2 years ago and has been pain free ever since. I've only been wearing mine for a couple of weeks but since they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee I figure it's worth a try. So far, so good.

Cheryl C. on 8/23/02 at 19:33 (093369)

Shelley, contact Dr. Douglas Beaman's office in Portland, OR at 503/249-0719. His office does EWST with the standard 80% success rate. However, there is a clinic in Canada that offers the treatment for a lot less money. In terms of Blue Cross coverage, I've bookmarked the page that describes ESWT and it is covered under most of their policies. I, sadly, am insured by a company that's never heard of it. I totally emphathize with your plight as I too was a regular walker and now have to think twice about even getting out of bed at night....is it worth the pain? Anwyay, I'm having surprising results with a funny insert called the Feathersprings Foot Support. My dad has had over 2 years of pain-free walking with this product. Like you I've spend HUNDREDS of dollars of shoes, inserts, etc. so I was hesitant to try this product. I have two months to try it out w/a money-back guarantee so there's nothing to lose. Feel free to contact me if you want more information about Canada clinic, BlueCross, Feathersprings, etc.

Linda F. on 8/24/02 at 13:01 (093411)

I have just the the newsletter responses from podiatrists around the world about the use of ESWT treatment. My heel spurs are getting worse & the achilles tendonitis is MUCH WORSE!! Please let me know if this treatment is available anywhere in northwest Ohio or nearby. Thank you so much!!! Linda

Kris P on 8/27/02 at 09:23 (093656)

I am new to plantar fasciitis and bone spurs, and am looking for all the info and help i can get. I was treated with cortisone injection which helped for 2 weeks and have just received my first custom orthotics. i am having some trouble getting used to them- i feel like my arch support and now the pain have just moved around. Where can you buy these featherspring foot supports? are they available thru any retail store? would appreciate any info you could give me. thanks!

mark on 9/01/02 at 02:50 (094115)

one of my co-workers has just gone through her first treatment with a doctor in the Hillsboro, OR area---- Dr. Gant, I'm pretty sure BlueCross/BlueShield is covering costs---- I'm waiting to hear back from her how the treatment has worked......... as far as surgery goes, I had my right foot done about 6 months ago....... what a pain (in the foot!) but now the tendon has tightened again, what fun........ now to wait and read and hear from others how the ESWT treatments help (and whether or not if it will help post-surgery pain) hang in there, seems like medical science is making leaps and bounds....... oops, no pun intended!

ANNA on 9/02/02 at 08:34 (094199)

HI,
HOPE ALL WENT WITH DR. ZUCKERMAN IN N.J. I TOO HAVE PF FOR OVER 2 YRS. WENT TO 5 DR'S AND NO HELP. 3 DR'S TOLD ME NOT TO GET SURGERY AND TOLD ME THEY COULN'T HELP ME ANYMORE AND GOOD LUCK. LET ME NO ABOUT DR. Z AND THE OUT COME I'M FROM N.J.AND WHAT TOWN.
I'M STARTING TO MISS THINGS IN LIFE BUT THEN AGAIN I THINK ABOUT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE SUFFERING MUCH MORE THEN US. ONE DOCTOR TOLD ME HE COULDN'T TAKE ME ON AS A PT. AND SAID DON'T GET SURGERY IT MIGHT MAKE IT WORSE AND ENROLL IN YOGA IT WILL STRETCH THE ENTIRE BODY AND RELIEF PAIN IN YOUR AREA. HELP! LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR RESULTS. THANKS AND HOPE ALL IS WELL.
ANNA

LaDonna S on 9/02/02 at 15:43 (094262)

Hi, I would like to hear if ESWT helps the person going to New Jersey. My condition is about the same as Anna. 5 doctors and really no help. One doctor mentioned shooting alcohol into the nerve and this would deaden that nerve. Have you ever heard of that. I am considering going to Dr. Lee in California for the ESWT. I live in Hawaii though, so I need to make arrangements. An hour of deep water running in the ocean is helping my PF, but it is still very painful if I do too much walking. I have taken a years leave of absence from my job, hoping to solve this PF problem. I have learned so much from your articles. I feel very blessed to have connected with heelspurs.com Aloha

MARLENE H. on 10/15/02 at 21:33 (097585)

INTERESTED IN THE FEATHERSPRINGS FOOT SUPPORT. ALSO HAS ANYONE REALLY BEEN HELPED BY THE FIRST ESWT TREATMENT?

Cheryl C. on 10/16/02 at 12:24 (097632)

I have been wearing the Feathersprings foot support and have had pretty good luck with them although my experience has been that they are hard to get used to. My foot problems are long standing (15 years) but I just returned from a trip to Europe where we walked quite a bit...certainly much, much more than I've walked over the past year or so. I can say with confidence that the Feathersprings in my problem food allowed me more mobility than would have been possible without it. My father began wearing one 2 1/2 years ago and had nearly instant relief that has continued ever since. Although I can't claim the same level of success I can say that the company is wonderful to work with and will adjust your support whenever you want them to at no charge. You can't really lose because they have a long trial period after which you can return them for a full refund.

Suzanne J. on 8/23/02 at 09:40 (093312)

Thank you so much for the ESWT information. I am scheduled to travel next week from North Carolina to Dr. Zuckerman's office in New Jersey for ESWT treatment on both heels. I have had PF for 5 years and have heel spurs on both feet. I will let you know how it goes.

Mar on 8/23/02 at 11:55 (093331)

Scott --

I'm interested in hearing ESWT success stories, especially those who had no success with the first treatment. I have bilateral PF with severe pain and had no help from my first ESWT. I had the second one a week ago and am sure hoping it helps me. Thanks for this site -- Mar

Susanne H on 8/23/02 at 13:37 (093337)

I have fibromas in the arch of my left foot which is a result from plantar fascitis. Has anyone with nodules/fibromas had this therapy? Is so, what was the result?

Thanks!

Susanne

ShelleyK on 8/23/02 at 15:45 (093346)

Has anyone had ESWT treatments from a practitioner in or near the Seattle, WA area (or elsewhere in Western Washington State, or even around Portland, OR for that matter)? If so, can you give me any names? Also, does anyone know the state of Blue Cross/Blue coverage in that region for this procedure? A podiatrist tok an xray and diagnosed plantar fasciitis. (I think more problems may have developed in the left heel since that initial x-ray, though, since the right hel seems to have improved while the left hasn't and hurts much worse.) So far, I think I've tried about everything else to no avail, at least as far as permanent or major relief from nagging pain that is especially bad in left lower foot extending up to arch resulting in a limp and pain with every step. Cortisone shot provided some temporary relief, as did taping and does night splint wearing (on my 3rd month for latter). Anti-inflmattories don't help at all. I am on my second pair of custom-made orthotics which seem to just move the pain more to the arch. Physical therapy (including ultrasound massage, regular massage, ice massage, exercises), months of endless home exercises, an episode of wearing a clumsy boot walker that actually caused far more pain, and hundreds of dollars in new shoes don't seem to be helping much if at all. As a (former!) hiker/exercise walker/nature walker, I am so depressed by this state of affairs that I may need to seek help from a shrink next (or a divorce attorney since my husband wants walks more than ever it seems and is reluctant to spend any more money on useless treatments.) !

Cheryl C. on 8/23/02 at 19:25 (093368)

I have been actively researching EWST for my chronic plantar fascitis and bone spur condition and feel it may be my final option after 15 years of pain. Unfortunately, my insurance will not cover it at this time. If you are in Oregon you can check out Dr. Douglas Beaman (503)249-0719 but the cost is very high. For a fraction of the cost I've found a place in Canada as well as one in London, UK . Heck, you could actually go to England and have the treatment done for the same price as having it done in the U.S.! As an interim treatment I'm having surprising results with an unusual product called Featherspring Food Supports. Yes, I know, another shoe insert. But this one's really different. My Dad began using it over 2 years ago and has been pain free ever since. I've only been wearing mine for a couple of weeks but since they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee I figure it's worth a try. So far, so good.

Cheryl C. on 8/23/02 at 19:33 (093369)

Shelley, contact Dr. Douglas Beaman's office in Portland, OR at 503/249-0719. His office does EWST with the standard 80% success rate. However, there is a clinic in Canada that offers the treatment for a lot less money. In terms of Blue Cross coverage, I've bookmarked the page that describes ESWT and it is covered under most of their policies. I, sadly, am insured by a company that's never heard of it. I totally emphathize with your plight as I too was a regular walker and now have to think twice about even getting out of bed at night....is it worth the pain? Anwyay, I'm having surprising results with a funny insert called the Feathersprings Foot Support. My dad has had over 2 years of pain-free walking with this product. Like you I've spend HUNDREDS of dollars of shoes, inserts, etc. so I was hesitant to try this product. I have two months to try it out w/a money-back guarantee so there's nothing to lose. Feel free to contact me if you want more information about Canada clinic, BlueCross, Feathersprings, etc.

Linda F. on 8/24/02 at 13:01 (093411)

I have just the the newsletter responses from podiatrists around the world about the use of ESWT treatment. My heel spurs are getting worse & the achilles tendonitis is MUCH WORSE!! Please let me know if this treatment is available anywhere in northwest Ohio or nearby. Thank you so much!!! Linda

Kris P on 8/27/02 at 09:23 (093656)

I am new to plantar fasciitis and bone spurs, and am looking for all the info and help i can get. I was treated with cortisone injection which helped for 2 weeks and have just received my first custom orthotics. i am having some trouble getting used to them- i feel like my arch support and now the pain have just moved around. Where can you buy these featherspring foot supports? are they available thru any retail store? would appreciate any info you could give me. thanks!

mark on 9/01/02 at 02:50 (094115)

one of my co-workers has just gone through her first treatment with a doctor in the Hillsboro, OR area---- Dr. Gant, I'm pretty sure BlueCross/BlueShield is covering costs---- I'm waiting to hear back from her how the treatment has worked......... as far as surgery goes, I had my right foot done about 6 months ago....... what a pain (in the foot!) but now the tendon has tightened again, what fun........ now to wait and read and hear from others how the ESWT treatments help (and whether or not if it will help post-surgery pain) hang in there, seems like medical science is making leaps and bounds....... oops, no pun intended!

ANNA on 9/02/02 at 08:34 (094199)

HI,
HOPE ALL WENT WITH DR. ZUCKERMAN IN N.J. I TOO HAVE PF FOR OVER 2 YRS. WENT TO 5 DR'S AND NO HELP. 3 DR'S TOLD ME NOT TO GET SURGERY AND TOLD ME THEY COULN'T HELP ME ANYMORE AND GOOD LUCK. LET ME NO ABOUT DR. Z AND THE OUT COME I'M FROM N.J.AND WHAT TOWN.
I'M STARTING TO MISS THINGS IN LIFE BUT THEN AGAIN I THINK ABOUT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE SUFFERING MUCH MORE THEN US. ONE DOCTOR TOLD ME HE COULDN'T TAKE ME ON AS A PT. AND SAID DON'T GET SURGERY IT MIGHT MAKE IT WORSE AND ENROLL IN YOGA IT WILL STRETCH THE ENTIRE BODY AND RELIEF PAIN IN YOUR AREA. HELP! LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR RESULTS. THANKS AND HOPE ALL IS WELL.
ANNA

LaDonna S on 9/02/02 at 15:43 (094262)

Hi, I would like to hear if ESWT helps the person going to New Jersey. My condition is about the same as Anna. 5 doctors and really no help. One doctor mentioned shooting alcohol into the nerve and this would deaden that nerve. Have you ever heard of that. I am considering going to Dr. Lee in California for the ESWT. I live in Hawaii though, so I need to make arrangements. An hour of deep water running in the ocean is helping my PF, but it is still very painful if I do too much walking. I have taken a years leave of absence from my job, hoping to solve this PF problem. I have learned so much from your articles. I feel very blessed to have connected with heelspurs.com Aloha

MARLENE H. on 10/15/02 at 21:33 (097585)

INTERESTED IN THE FEATHERSPRINGS FOOT SUPPORT. ALSO HAS ANYONE REALLY BEEN HELPED BY THE FIRST ESWT TREATMENT?

Cheryl C. on 10/16/02 at 12:24 (097632)

I have been wearing the Feathersprings foot support and have had pretty good luck with them although my experience has been that they are hard to get used to. My foot problems are long standing (15 years) but I just returned from a trip to Europe where we walked quite a bit...certainly much, much more than I've walked over the past year or so. I can say with confidence that the Feathersprings in my problem food allowed me more mobility than would have been possible without it. My father began wearing one 2 1/2 years ago and had nearly instant relief that has continued ever since. Although I can't claim the same level of success I can say that the company is wonderful to work with and will adjust your support whenever you want them to at no charge. You can't really lose because they have a long trial period after which you can return them for a full refund.