Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes

Posted by carrie on 8/23/02 at 11:22 (093326)

Hi everyone,

Today I am going to go out and get some new shoes, as my shoes are all kind of worn, I need to know what you guys recomend as far as the new balance goes? I have heard someone mention style numbers, please let me know what one seems to be the best.

thanks
Carrie

Re: Shoes

Suzanne D on 8/23/02 at 17:30 (093352)

Hi, Carrie! Try the Inserts/Orthotics/Shoes message board here at Heelspurs.com. There is always a discussion of shoes on that board! I have read many, many things about New Balance shoes, and it really seems to be quite an individual matter according to what type of feet you have, how you walk, etc.

Do a search here under New Balance shoes, and you will come up with a lot of reading!

Good luck!
Suzanne :-)

Lara T on 8/24/02 at 04:52 (093393)

I recommend looking in the yellow pages and finding a shoe store run by someone who makes orthotics. I found one locally, went in and told them what kinds of problems my feet had, and he recommended a great shoe for me (Dankso clogs). My daughter, who has different problems, was also pleased with the recommendation (some sort of high-top sneaker-New Balance I think). I heard a woman with diabetes get different advice for her feet last time I was in the store. I did the same thing when on vacation on the other side of the nation earlier this year. Although the overall shoe selection was more limited than the local sporting goods show, or average shoe store, I found it was the best place to find a wide selection of shoes that I had some hope of wearing.

Kim R. on 8/26/02 at 09:06 (093540)

Try Roadrunner Sports. Tell them what your problem is and they will recommend a New Balance shoe. The phone # is 1-800-551-5558. They recommended a New Balance for me that worked well.

RACHAEL T. on 8/26/02 at 13:26 (093565)

What # of New Balance did they recommend? Thanks for your prompt reply.

Kim R. on 8/27/02 at 07:18 (093644)

They suggested the women's New Balance running shoe model 764. They also told me to check with my physical therapist before buying, but I didn't and I love the shoes. A great recommendation for my type of problem.

john h on 8/27/02 at 11:53 (093685)

Try the 854 or its more current replacement. It is a cross trainer with a built in rollbar. A number of people find this shoe to work for them.

Suzanne D on 8/23/02 at 17:30 (093352)

Hi, Carrie! Try the Inserts/Orthotics/Shoes message board here at Heelspurs.com. There is always a discussion of shoes on that board! I have read many, many things about New Balance shoes, and it really seems to be quite an individual matter according to what type of feet you have, how you walk, etc.

Do a search here under New Balance shoes, and you will come up with a lot of reading!

Good luck!
Suzanne :-)

Lara T on 8/24/02 at 04:52 (093393)

I recommend looking in the yellow pages and finding a shoe store run by someone who makes orthotics. I found one locally, went in and told them what kinds of problems my feet had, and he recommended a great shoe for me (Dankso clogs). My daughter, who has different problems, was also pleased with the recommendation (some sort of high-top sneaker-New Balance I think). I heard a woman with diabetes get different advice for her feet last time I was in the store. I did the same thing when on vacation on the other side of the nation earlier this year. Although the overall shoe selection was more limited than the local sporting goods show, or average shoe store, I found it was the best place to find a wide selection of shoes that I had some hope of wearing.

Kim R. on 8/26/02 at 09:06 (093540)

Try Roadrunner Sports. Tell them what your problem is and they will recommend a New Balance shoe. The phone # is 1-800-551-5558. They recommended a New Balance for me that worked well.

RACHAEL T. on 8/26/02 at 13:26 (093565)

What # of New Balance did they recommend? Thanks for your prompt reply.

Kim R. on 8/27/02 at 07:18 (093644)

They suggested the women's New Balance running shoe model 764. They also told me to check with my physical therapist before buying, but I didn't and I love the shoes. A great recommendation for my type of problem.

john h on 8/27/02 at 11:53 (093685)

Try the 854 or its more current replacement. It is a cross trainer with a built in rollbar. A number of people find this shoe to work for them.