Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spurs - HELP!!

Posted by Linda F. on 8/24/02 at 13:06 (093412)

I just posted a message, then this screen came up, so I'll try again!!! I need information on whether ESWT treatment is availabe in northwest Ohio. Your response would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you!! Linda

Re: Heel Spurs - HELP!!

Sharon H. on 10/01/02 at 17:20 (096631)

Here is a link for Excellence Shock Wave Therapy:

http://www.eswtusa.com/doctors/index.html

Sherry C on 12/05/02 at 01:01 (101811)

I had terrible heel spurs about 12 years ago. Both heels. I even had one operated on but nothing worked until I saw on a TV talk show that someone wore cowboy boots and that helped them. I had a friend that had an old pair that she never used and was big enough to fit so I got desperated enough one night to try them. It was almost instant relief. I went out that weekend and bought my own and wore nothing but them for quite a few years. The spurs are so much better and most of the time I now am back wearing sneakers. If they start bothering me again I go back to the boots for awhile. Some people may not want to try this but it depends on how much pain you are in and how desperate you are. It really helped mine.

Sharon H. on 10/01/02 at 17:20 (096631)

Here is a link for Excellence Shock Wave Therapy:

http://www.eswtusa.com/doctors/index.html

Sherry C on 12/05/02 at 01:01 (101811)

I had terrible heel spurs about 12 years ago. Both heels. I even had one operated on but nothing worked until I saw on a TV talk show that someone wore cowboy boots and that helped them. I had a friend that had an old pair that she never used and was big enough to fit so I got desperated enough one night to try them. It was almost instant relief. I went out that weekend and bought my own and wore nothing but them for quite a few years. The spurs are so much better and most of the time I now am back wearing sneakers. If they start bothering me again I go back to the boots for awhile. Some people may not want to try this but it depends on how much pain you are in and how desperate you are. It really helped mine.