Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Severity/prognosis

Posted by biff on 8/25/02 at 12:37 (093484)

I've had PF for about a month. It's persistant (I feel at least some pain every day), but the pain is mild. I stopped running as soon as I realized it was PF, and started wearing running shoes all day. Some days the pain is worse than others, and it comes and goes pretty arbitrarily, but it's rarely bad. It never hurts so much I can't walk. My question: is severity of pain an indicator of intransigence? How good a sign is it for me that the pain is mild? (i'm seeing a pod. on Monday) Thanks.

Re: Severity/prognosis

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/02 at 13:11 (093486)

You have done well. Stopped running, good shoes all the time even in the house. See a podiatrist asap. The fact that you pain is mild is an indicator that you can go this under control. Many people will start to increase their activities too soon because they fee good. This is only human but can cause you alot of pain and trouble down the road. So even with no pain or mild pain no running for six weeks. Good luck

biff on 8/25/02 at 13:22 (093490)

thanks!

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/02 at 13:11 (093486)

You have done well. Stopped running, good shoes all the time even in the house. See a podiatrist asap. The fact that you pain is mild is an indicator that you can go this under control. Many people will start to increase their activities too soon because they fee good. This is only human but can cause you alot of pain and trouble down the road. So even with no pain or mild pain no running for six weeks. Good luck

biff on 8/25/02 at 13:22 (093490)

thanks!