Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

feet pain

Posted by mary on 8/25/02 at 18:23 (093500)

I have severe pain in just the bottoms of my feet I have very hypersentivity in them I am now taking 3600 mg of neurton and it is not helping I get stabing pains that make it almost impossiale to walk Do you have any ideas what I should do next or web sites about people that have the same thing please email me back a (email removed) Thanks for any help

Re: feet pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/02 at 20:54 (093521)

What doctor have you seen so far. What evaluations and testng have you had so far??

mary on 8/26/02 at 18:14 (093610)

This is in response to you request on my feet pain I have seen many doctors Family doctors foot Doctors I have been to the UNIV of Michigan
2 times I have had emg,Mri of the feet and spine I have been to neuroligist
I went to acupuncture 40 times helped at first but nolonger helps I have had nerve conduction test All the pain is in the bottom of my feet only It feels like knifes and burning pain I do have raynauds which is mostlikely making it worse you name the pill and I have tried it Is there anyone out in web land that has this condition please email me at (email removed) Thanks for any help

elliott on 8/27/02 at 07:33 (093646)

Please be more specific if you can. What were the results of your MRI and nerve conduction test? Exactly where on the bottoms of your feet do you have the stabbing pain? Is it only when you walk or even at rest? How did it all start? What did the doctors say? The more info you provide, the better.

-----

mary on 8/27/02 at 18:39 (093735)

Elliott in response to you questions I have had all negetive results on all the test I have It is on only the very bottom of my feet when I am standing on them when I lay down it is not as bad It started when my feet became sore form being on them at a retail job when I got home I used a foot massager and my feet started to itch real bad and I rubbed them on this massager the one with little bumps on it and ever since then my feet have never been the same I think I some how damaged the nerves on them All the doctors can not figure out why they burn and have such bad stabbing pains in the all they say is you have Dysesthesia of the feet UNkown cause I have been to so many doctors and no one has a clue What do you think
I am not Diabetic so you can rule any neuropathy due to that I have had every test possible Email me at (email removed) if you need any other information

elliott on 8/27/02 at 20:55 (093750)

Where EXACTLY on the bottoms of your feet? E.g., inner side, outer side, at heel, just in front of heel, at ball, on/between a certain metatarsal, etc. Use as many modifiers as necessary. Does the stabbing pain radiate? If so, from where to where? Also, did both feet begin to ache/burn simultaneously? Did you have bloodwork done? The more you tell, the better chance someone can help.

----

Mary on 8/28/02 at 18:00 (093823)

This is in response to Elliott questions on 8/27/02 The burning pain is on just the bottoms of my feet from my heal to my toes but it is just the very bottom I get very bad stabbing burning pains in that area I also have hypersentivity on the skin it that same place in both feet The stabbing pain radiates up into around the top of my arch most of the time it is just on the surface of the skin My feet began to sting and burn at the same time I did have blood work done and everything was normal lead,vitamin levels are ok I do have raynauds in my feet they get cold very easy so I am sure this is not helping my circulation This is something to do with the nerves. All MRI, EMG Nerve Reduction test were all negitive I am going to a Pain Clinic in Michigan now I have had 2 nerve blocks with out any good results I have been on everything but the kitcher sinkI am going soon to the hostipal for a differnt type of nerve block No high hopes for this Any information would be helpfull or any one reads this and knows someone with this type of symptoms please Email me at (email removed) Thanks to All

elliott on 8/28/02 at 21:48 (093831)

When you say the burning pain goes from heel to toes, which toes? And is that the entire heel or just part of it, and if so, which part? Any ankle pain? And just to clarify, are you saying the pain and location are just about identical in both feet?

---

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/02 at 20:54 (093521)

What doctor have you seen so far. What evaluations and testng have you had so far??

mary on 8/26/02 at 18:14 (093610)

This is in response to you request on my feet pain I have seen many doctors Family doctors foot Doctors I have been to the UNIV of Michigan
2 times I have had emg,Mri of the feet and spine I have been to neuroligist
I went to acupuncture 40 times helped at first but nolonger helps I have had nerve conduction test All the pain is in the bottom of my feet only It feels like knifes and burning pain I do have raynauds which is mostlikely making it worse you name the pill and I have tried it Is there anyone out in web land that has this condition please email me at (email removed) Thanks for any help

elliott on 8/27/02 at 07:33 (093646)

Please be more specific if you can. What were the results of your MRI and nerve conduction test? Exactly where on the bottoms of your feet do you have the stabbing pain? Is it only when you walk or even at rest? How did it all start? What did the doctors say? The more info you provide, the better.

-----

mary on 8/27/02 at 18:39 (093735)

Elliott in response to you questions I have had all negetive results on all the test I have It is on only the very bottom of my feet when I am standing on them when I lay down it is not as bad It started when my feet became sore form being on them at a retail job when I got home I used a foot massager and my feet started to itch real bad and I rubbed them on this massager the one with little bumps on it and ever since then my feet have never been the same I think I some how damaged the nerves on them All the doctors can not figure out why they burn and have such bad stabbing pains in the all they say is you have Dysesthesia of the feet UNkown cause I have been to so many doctors and no one has a clue What do you think
I am not Diabetic so you can rule any neuropathy due to that I have had every test possible Email me at (email removed) if you need any other information

elliott on 8/27/02 at 20:55 (093750)

Where EXACTLY on the bottoms of your feet? E.g., inner side, outer side, at heel, just in front of heel, at ball, on/between a certain metatarsal, etc. Use as many modifiers as necessary. Does the stabbing pain radiate? If so, from where to where? Also, did both feet begin to ache/burn simultaneously? Did you have bloodwork done? The more you tell, the better chance someone can help.

----

Mary on 8/28/02 at 18:00 (093823)

This is in response to Elliott questions on 8/27/02 The burning pain is on just the bottoms of my feet from my heal to my toes but it is just the very bottom I get very bad stabbing burning pains in that area I also have hypersentivity on the skin it that same place in both feet The stabbing pain radiates up into around the top of my arch most of the time it is just on the surface of the skin My feet began to sting and burn at the same time I did have blood work done and everything was normal lead,vitamin levels are ok I do have raynauds in my feet they get cold very easy so I am sure this is not helping my circulation This is something to do with the nerves. All MRI, EMG Nerve Reduction test were all negitive I am going to a Pain Clinic in Michigan now I have had 2 nerve blocks with out any good results I have been on everything but the kitcher sinkI am going soon to the hostipal for a differnt type of nerve block No high hopes for this Any information would be helpfull or any one reads this and knows someone with this type of symptoms please Email me at (email removed) Thanks to All

elliott on 8/28/02 at 21:48 (093831)

When you say the burning pain goes from heel to toes, which toes? And is that the entire heel or just part of it, and if so, which part? Any ankle pain? And just to clarify, are you saying the pain and location are just about identical in both feet?

---